• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't realize PGX label notes were this lame

26 posts in this topic

I've posted this a few times, but lest we forget why to avoid PGX.

P1150668.jpg

P1150667.jpg

This is a excellent example. Just to play Devils Advocate for a minute. There is a thread on this very board about a ASM OO book. I will try to locate it, if I can. to help this along.

The owner of the book thought the book was mis graded. He sent the book back into The CGC for re grading. The book came back and the owner was still not happy.

The book was sent in again for re grading. It came back as Trimmed. This book was a blue label twice before. The OO has stated he did not do anything to the book at all. This book was graded three times. Two times it came back blue label. The third time it came back as a PLOD!!!!

Mistakes can and will happen... Though I'd much rather stick to The CGC over PGX on a raw book. I wouldn't hesitate to send a book to PGX if I knew for a 100% fact the book had never been worked on. CGC is the better company without question. But no company is perfect. Just my 2c

Not entirely sure what the value of label notes is? (shrug)

Raw books were never labelled and we seem to know which issue is which. Hell, if you have no idea as to the significance of the contents, should you really be buying comics? (shrug)

I Agree with this entirely, as the saying goes, buy the book not the label. It may be a nice bonus feature of the slab to say 1st this and death that but I wouldn't lay down my hard earned cash for a book like a Hulk 181 not knowing it's the 1st full appearance of Wolverine so what does it matter (shrug) If I buy it Raw I don't have a label that tells me only my brain doh!

i was looking at some of my older cgc red labels that didnt have a lot of notes like amaz spiderman#294 that didnt list "death" of kraven on label, but that is one thing they have got so much better at over the years.