• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I didn't realize PGX label notes were this lame

26 posts in this topic

So I bought a PGX slab recently, because the price was really low, and the book was low grade, so I wasn't worried about restoration

It happens to be a Brave and Bold #54

The notes on the label list the writer and artist and .......... that's it :o

Seems the label is missing something like:

"First appearance of the Teen Titans" :insane:

Are all PGX labels this un-informative? zzz

So I bought a PGX slab recently, because the price was really low, and the book was low grade, so I wasn't worried about restoration

It happens to be a Brave and Bold #54

The notes on the label list the writer and artist and .......... that's it :o

Seems the label is missing something like:

"First appearance of the Teen Titans" :insane:

Are all PGX labels this un-informative? zzz

Pretty much... On a book I had once, they had the issue date wrong...

So do I but, I personally like PGX, there is titles that I prefer PGX and other for CGC..GLODS definitely go to PGX...No offense to anyone...

I'm not sure what you are saying here. There's absolutely no reason for anyone to want ANY book in a PGX holder unless they're feeling lucky. We'll do ya, punk?

I am not sure what you are saying there but, PGX's holders are very professional and of good quality. I use them for any book that would be GLOD or PLOD in CGC, Jay Co Comic, and museum size comics. I also like the fact that COAs can be slabbed right in the comic. I have had CGC books that were then slabbed by PGX and vice versa..they have come back generally the same, seriously, the grading is very similar...maybe wrong forum to give PGX props in but, its true. They have their purpose and am glad that CGC has some competion, although not much, I don't think we should be looking down on it..

I am not sure what you are saying there but, PGX's holders are very professional and of good quality. I use them for any book that would be GLOD or PLOD in CGC, Jay Co Comic, and museum size comics. I also like the fact that COAs can be slabbed right in the comic. I have had CGC books that were then slabbed by PGX and vice versa..they have come back generally the same, seriously, the grading is very similar...maybe wrong forum to give PGX props in but, its true. They have their purpose and am glad that CGC has some competion, although not much, I don't think we should be looking down on it..

+1

I've never truly understood the value of label notes. I agree that they are a plus, but some of the older CGC comics have essentially nothing and it never occurred to me that those labels were a problem.

With regard to the company, if the price is right, I prefer a comic in a PGX slab to one that is raw--regardless of the seller.

No thats from a couple years ago.. i just saw the photo as I was reading the thread and just posted it to be funny.... but they all came back blue label!

Back in 1991 I decided I would buy a whole bunch of one comic that I loved as an investment - and I don't know why for the life of me I chose Swamp Thing #1 as opposed to Hulk 181 - I guess it was because I was such a Wrightson freak.. Taken just before I sent them off to CGC..

No thats from a couple years ago.. i just saw the photo as I was reading the thread and just posted it to be funny.... but they all came back blue label!

Back in 1991 I decided I would buy a whole bunch of one comic that I loved as an investment - and I don't know why for the life of me I chose Swamp Thing #1 as opposed to Hulk 181 - I guess it was because I was such a Wrightson freak.. Taken just before I sent them off to CGC..

You remember what grades you got? They look real nice.