• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2009 Top 10

8 posts in this topic

Interesting article and reminded me of various things I'd forgotten already.

One pet peeve is the inclusion of some of the movies under "Comic Book Movies":

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Star Trek

Terminator Salvation

Astro Boy

Okay, the audience is probably pretty much the same, and these franchises have appeared in comics, but they all stood on their own as toys, TV shows, movies, and TV cartoons, respectively. They shouldn't be categorized as comic book movies.

Star Trek

Terminator Salvation

Astro Boy

Okay, the audience is probably pretty much the same, and these franchises have appeared in comics, but they all stood on their own as toys, TV shows, movies, and TV cartoons, respectively. They shouldn't be categorized as comic book movies.

i concur. was actually quite a poor domestic BO year for true comic book movies. Wolverine will end up barely in the top 15 and Watchmen in the top 30. and if you look at the multiple of BO they did compared to the first weekend, they are both dismal at about 2X. 2010 shaping up to be much better as IM2 looks like a lock for $300mm+

Star Trek

Terminator Salvation

Astro Boy

Astro Boy appeared in print probably ten years before the cartoon, so it actually counts. The others are definitely goofy.