• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate Blanks

82 posts in this topic

So I have noticed that most are sticking with the regular 'Blanks' for most of their sketches, aside from the occasional 9/11 black Spidey, why aren't more boardies posting their "other" blanks. I saw a while ago the Muppet blanks being used but, since then, not many 'others' have been taken advantage of. I don't have any (yet) but, if you do, raw or SS...Please POST!!

Red Sonja blanks, THE BOYS blanks, or any super-cool Witchblade Dark Mind con blanks.... :popcorn:

Oh you mean like this?

SketchCoverCollection.jpg

(old pic - none recent)

I think part of it is that a lot of other covers are limited w/ the kind of sketching you can do on them. I mean, The recent marvel covers, older Shi, Gen13, Youngbloods, early Jay Co covers, etc have nice stock covers w/ a texture easily used for any mixed media while 97% or so of covers out there are regular blank slick covers that are good for a little more than marker. You can spray fixitive on them 1st to take away the slick surface, but still.

There's over 100 blank white covers & 20 black & maybe 10 are really good for sketching.

Also, I've been so busy buying blanks, lately that I've been too broke to buy sketches. ha ha ha.

...raw or SS...Please POST!!

Red Sonja blanks, THE BOYS blanks, or any super-cool Witchblade Dark Mind con blanks.... :popcorn:

My friend did these for me last year

RedSonjabyKookey.jpg

zKookeysWitchblade1.jpg

Billy did this & then stuck something on top of it before it dried.

zRedSonjabyTucci.jpg

Here's my Dark Mind

zDarkmind.jpg

Oh you mean like this?

(old pic - none recent)

I think part of it is that a lot of other covers are limited w/ the kind of sketching you can do on them. I mean, The recent marvel covers, older Shi, Gen13, Youngbloods, early Jay Co covers, etc have nice stock covers w/ a texture easily used for any mixed media while 97% or so of covers out there are regular blank slick covers that are good for a little more than marker. You can spray fixitive on them 1st to take away the slick surface, but still.

There's over 100 blank white covers & 20 black & maybe 10 are really good for sketching.

Also, I've been so busy buying blanks, lately that I've been too broke to buy sketches. ha ha ha.

intense!

Oh you mean like this?

(old pic - none recent)

intense!

Officially: Blown away...wow!

I had also forgot about the man with no name blanks, those are sweeeeet!

Indeed. I need some DC's for batman w/ a decent texture. I have 1 of the europeans, but it's not dc. Been trying to get more, but the prices recently have been ridiculous. A friend remixed the batman mythos costumes (think I posted it somewhere) that I'd like to have done on some Bmans. I'm about ready to send him a bunch of Zero Hours if I can't come up w/ any in a few months.

I have a wasteland sent to a friend (satch) who did a quick wasted/drunken Shi & Tomoe for me. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Delvie/CrusadeForum/CrusadeForumD/WastedShi.jpg It seemed to be fitting to redo it on a wasted cover. Brad (you've seen some of his covers on the 1st page) is also doing a wasted Shi on one for me.

The covers will need to be markers or ink, though, because they are the really thin paper covers.

One of our fellow boardies has a sweet Harley Quinn on one.