• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alternate Blanks

82 posts in this topic

Actually, Evil - I was commenting about miki's batman remixes... you'll like his latest remix of Batgirl. It's a little too Zombie-ish for my tastes.

Here's his version that I like. http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_C.jpg

Here's his latest remix (just a quick dash of color to show me the colors) http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_BWC.jpg

Actually, Evil - I was commenting about miki's batman remixes... you'll like his latest remix of Batgirl. It's a little too Zombie-ish for my tastes.

Here's his version that I like. http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_C.jpg

Here's his latest remix (just a quick dash of color to show me the colors) http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_BWC.jpg

Too Zombie-ish? Not possible :sumo:

This is awesome!

Batgirl_BWC.jpg

I'm all for new blanks, but I personally don't care which company puts out a blank as long as it's quality. If I were a big Spawn fan, I wouldn't care if I got it on a Marvel or DC blank as long as the blanks were of a quality conducive to a good sketch. Luckily for us, Image has put out a good blank.

I'm just saying that I hope that all the people clamoring for a DC blank aren't holding out on getting sketches just because there isn't one yet. I'm a big TMNT fan and I don't thing Mirage will be putting out a blank any time soon. It didn't stop me from getting a sweet Ninja Turtle sketch on a Marvel blank. Personally, I'd love to see more Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Superman sketches in 2010. They aren't getting the love they deserve.

DC has stated numerous times that they will not be subject to the current market of blanks. I would have to agree with Adam on this one. Get your sketches now, cause you make miss out on it later.

lol

I haven't had the pleasure, I just know it has a lot of surface area and it's a dedicated blank. Maybe the word "good" was a stretch.

i think the Image blank blows, its alll rubbery and smudgey.

hm what about using sharpies? I know the GI Blank was the same way, but I managed to get a great sketch on it.

Robert Atkins CGC SS 9.8

SnakeEyes.jpg

Didn't you also get another sketch from the same show that got smudged? I may have my facts wrong, but I thought that was you.

Didn't you also get another sketch from the same show that got smudged? I may have my facts wrong, but I thought that was you.

Yes that was the first sketch. He used a brush pen, which I though would dry. When I got it back I told Robert, and he decided to do all of the sketches on this paticular cover, with sharpies instead

i had high hopes for the Image Blank because as Adam said, the majority of the cover was available for sketching...oh well.

i would rather stay away from the cover than have the artist get frustrated with smudges and such.

I also like the idea of using covers which aren't really blanks, per-say, and using them for just such thing...it amkes the covers with the sketch very unique and the book very different..

Like I said, Sharpies and fine point Sharpies are well worth it. I'm sure if you ask an artist he wont mind, after all, you are paying for the sketch.

these days if i am paying premium money for a sketch, i want the best canvas for them, unless its a cover i really want a sketch on like the ASM 36.

ie I want finch to do detail in pencil on a good blank...not Sharpies.

it is good to know though that the Sharpies will work on the Image United blank.

ie I want finch to do detail in pencil on a good blank...not Sharpies.

lol

I TOTALLY get what you mean, it's just a little funny since every time I've seen you approach Dave Finch, you're getting a sketch on a non-DA/MP/SI/FS blank and I don't think I've seen you get one in pencil yet.

Not saying your sketches aren't nice, because they are (I bought some from you). I'm just saying it was a funny example coming from you.

I am getting a random 'blank' done right now by Dean Yeagle, Playboy artist...He's doing a pin-up "Mandy" sketch for me on a 1957 Playboy, which happens to be Blank, only Playboy that is like that. All it has is a very small picture of some Playboy cuff links in the lower right corner, the rest of the cover is "Blank".. I think that is pretty original, and plus that Playboy is not very pricey...being that the whole Playboy thing started popping, that is a cool cover to get Sketched...