• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Finch jumps to DC Comics.

8 posts in this topic

I love Batman, but I'm amazed at how many people only wants him drawing Batman. This Batman isn't his best work. Read below for full article or click on the link.

http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/01/05/david-finch-jumps-to-dc-comics/

normal_finchbatman.jpg

David Finch jumps to DC Comics

Buzz up! del.icio.us Digg It! Newsvine redditJanuary 5th, 2010

Author David Pepose

When it comes to the Young Guns, it looks like Marvel has one less weapon in its arsenal, as the Source announced today that Ultimatum artist David Finch would be joining DC as an exclusive artist!

“I’m absolutely thrilled to be joining the DC family!” Finch said on the blog. “It feels too good to be true that I’m going to have the chance to draw some of the most dynamic, iconic, and fun characters in the business. I’ve been a DC comics fan for a very long time, so it’s a very big honor to finally have a part in their creation.”

Now, headhunting artists isn’t a new thing in this business — heck, Marvel has been doing that to DC for years, snatching up people like Jason Aaron and Dale Eaglesham after they had gotten some good buzz with stuff like Scalped and JSA — but the thing that interests me the most is… I don’t think Finch has done a mainstream DC book outside of the Darkness/Batman special. (It took me awhile just to find the above Batman sketch, courtesy of Pulp Art!)

So it’s interesting to me that the jump to exclusive was made so quickly — but that said, look at what Finch has done the past few years. He was artist on Ultimatum, which was selling like hotcakes every month it printed; he was the opening artist on Brian Michael Bendis’s New Avengers run; he’s been doing covers for books like World War Hulk, Moon Knight, and Siege; and he’s been played up for years as the first wave of Marvel’s “Young Guns” Initiative. What say you? What book would you be excited to see Finch draw?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 at 1:30 pm and is filed under DC Comics, News & Views. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

I love Batman, but I'm amazed at how many people only wants him drawing Batman. This Batman isn't his best work.

normal_finchbatman.jpg

:o Looks good enough to me.

His lower body looks weird to me. No matter what, I still like his work though.

I love Batman, but I'm amazed at how many people only wants him drawing Batman. This Batman isn't his best work.

normal_finchbatman.jpg

Oh Christ, the Liefeld effect is in full swing with all those pouches doh! That point aside, I do like this sketch

normal_finchbatman.jpg

Oh Christ, the Liefeld effect is in full swing with all those pouches doh! That point aside, I do like this sketch

:baiting: where else is he going to hide his gadgets lol

I hate the short ears on Batman.

I agree, Batman is not his best, and it is going to look just like Moon Knight. Put him on Green Lantern or Superman.

A great visual for him would be Hawkman, but I don't think you can make a sellable book out of Hawkman, so it would be a waste. Or if he would do a team book, put him on JSA. Would love to see his Solomon Grundy.