• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Colt Outlaw 1

80 posts in this topic

Except I probably won't make that show! lol

I probably have available some of the early kid colts and if I could get them at the right price, I'd buy them. There was a decent looking kid colt 1 and I know it's a tough book but I also know it's not wise to overpay especially if demand is low.

Right now I'm working on the Kirby issues. The GA books have appeal, but they're low on the priority list for me, especially the pricier ones.

Yeah, Brother! I'm on a Kirby western kick right now, too. One of the few ways to get a King fix on the cheap once you have most of the hero stuff. Be shore tuh draw a bead on them Rawhide Kids, too, yuh owlhoot!

As to the original posting, I don't think the market is really clamoring for westerns currently (so regional), but a nice copy of Kid Colt #1 sounds cool to me!

I know this book is listed as scarce, and Metropolis doesn't have a copy, and I see one copy on ebay graded as a 3.5 -- is there any demand for these or any of the Kid Colts?

There should be demand. First Marvel Western

I know this book is listed as scarce, and Metropolis doesn't have a copy, and I see one copy on ebay graded as a 3.5 -- is there any demand for these or any of the Kid Colts?

There is a LOT of demand for the Atlas issues in HG.

Right now I'm working on the Kirby issues. The GA books have appeal, but they're low on the priority list for me, especially the pricier ones.

Yeah, Brother! I'm on a Kirby western kick right now, too. One of the few ways to get a King fix on the cheap once you have most of the hero stuff. Be shore tuh draw a bead on them Rawhide Kids, too, yuh owlhoot!

As to the original posting, I don't think the market is really clamoring for westerns currently (so regional), but a nice copy of Kid Colt #1 sounds cool to me!

If you like Kirby westerns...you HAVE to get a copy of BLACK RIDER RIDES AGAIN...despite the wonderful Severin cover, there are THREE awesome Kirby stories in this puppy!

BRRA_01.jpg

Speaking of covers...Simon & Kirby's BULLSEYE had some of the BEST covers of the 50s!

BULLSEYE_01.jpg

BULLSEYE_05.jpg

If you like Kirby westerns...you HAVE to get a copy of BLACK RIDER RIDES AGAIN...despite the wonderful Severin cover, there are THREE awesome Kirby stories in this puppy!

BRRA_01.jpg

That is an awesome cover!

Severin rules! :cloud9:

yeah, but I'm talking mostly mid grade, like 6.0/6.5 on the #1, 6.0 on the #2... etc.

That is pretty much high grade for these books. Finding an early Atlas Kid Colt in VF is pretty much impossible.

As an Atlas collector I wouldn't pay too much for any specific book because there are so many Westerns that you can always find something nice for under $100. However, Kid Colt collectors will pay up because these are so hard to find in decent grades. Even Fines are hard to come by.

Mike

yeah, but I'm talking mostly mid grade, like 6.0/6.5 on the #1, 6.0 on the #2... etc.

That is pretty much high grade for these books. Finding an early Atlas Kid Colt in VF is pretty much impossible.

:whistle:

kidcolt24.jpg

I love Atlas westerns.

However, much like war comics in the past, westerns are not really a hot genre. At least I don't think they are.

The westerns are dead. Long may they stay dead!

As an Atlas collector I wouldn't pay too much for any specific book because there are so many Westerns that you can always find something nice for under $100. However, Kid Colt collectors will pay up because these are so hard to find in decent grades. Even Fines are hard to come by.

Mike

Yep, with an exception of a Circle 8 or a pedigree or two, I concur with the Monkeyman........and I hope he thinks of me the next time he purges his collection. :baiting:

For everyone else: if you got a copy of KCO # 1 and your sellin', I'm buyin'....!!!