• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman - is Bruce back yet?

25 posts in this topic

I wish that Marvel and DC could use good writing and artwork to help sell their flagship titles instead of these cop out stories. Characters like Spidey, Batman, Superman etc have such great histories, rogues galleries and supporting cast that it really shouldn't be this hard to produce a good comic.

The biggest problem is that they try to do these type of events with hopes of getting collectors to buy a pile of garbage titles and then a big mini series. Then they dig themselves into a whole and have to do damage control to fix all the problems that these events caused. It is one big continuous loop.

Stop these type of events or money grabs and try producing a good comic. It is possible to produce such comics with good writing, artwork and some good old creativity and imagination.

I think the catch here is that DC introduced Grayson as a gimmick, which should have been awful, but the writers have been producing some solid stories and making his time as Batman more than just a gimmick.

I do agree that they should stop the big events and money grabs and focus more on good comics, though. But as long as the fanboys keep buying the stuff (along with the zillions of variants), we're going to be seeing these things for a while. I do plan on not buying Brightest Day (referenced in another thread). Unfortunately, I'll probably end up buying the mini featuring the return of Bruce Wayne. :sorry:

we continue to pay outrageous money for variants and 2nd print variants.

I knocked that on the head after RIP. If you want variants in the UK you've got to pay through the nose, and I got sick of it. If it was DC that made the money, if the book had a $30 price indicia, then fine. But I hate putting the money into the pockets of Forbidden Planet managers who lift all the variants and put them on ebay for 15x cover the same day for their own pockets.