• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #14

18 posts in this topic

looks alot better then 4.0 to me at least 5.5

what am i missing?

The over all condition of the book?? (shrug) No dis respect to the OP and his book. But if I received this as a 5.5 It would headed back to the seller....

i dunno man, just seems to me that there is a thin line between 4.0 and 5.0

No disrespect taken...this is an open forum and I appreciate all opinions. TFL..I suspect the edges are influencing you..bottom edge and open edge and TL corner probably..agreed ? Just want to try to hone my grading skills..I consider myself a rank amateur at this and knowledge will only help me not get ripped off in the future..

..P.S. I have had this book since 1977 or so, I don't have to worry about any loss for this one compared to what I paid.. 'Nuff said..

NuffSaid. Have you read this book? I have a copy that is very similar to yours condition wise. I went ahead and read the book. It is a wicked read. It's a kick to read the actual book and not a reprint.. It's a great book to own...

The edges are part of my guesstimate on the overall grade. It's still a very nice book....

Yes, excellent read and excellent era of comics and superhero's..I am glad to see many of them recreated these days in movies...the younger generation can then appreciate them in some aspect...somehow it would be nice to see the 50's horror stuff recreated in some way...movies may not fly that well on that though...that was before my time but I love those books as well...anyway..thanks to all for insight into grading..this one was a keeper no matter what the results...'nuff said..