• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #59

13 posts in this topic

This has been in my personal collection for many years. I JUST noticed that the BRC is neatly clipped off..... :sick: Missing piece is 3/8"

All I can think of is that the corner had some damage. Maybe multiple folds or dogeared and so they clipped it. Can't believe I never saw it.

Pages are c2ow. No brittleness

imagetos.jpg

imagetosb.jpg

Nah, that's not a 3.0 just for that. I'd say 5.0 or 5.5.. as nice as the rest of the books is. I think it's too big a piece to go up to 7.0 or better.

+1 right on

It is nice but sadly no 7.5 with that corner clipped. 3.0/3.5 I think is the best you can get with a piece that size out.

Edit: Looking closer the piece may not be a 1/2" so perhaps you could be a 4.0/4.5

When does your sales thread start? I will take all your SA 3.0-3.5's sight unseen!!!!!. :D

It is nice but sadly no 7.5 with that corner clipped. 3.0/3.5 I think is the best you can get with a piece that size out.

Edit: Looking closer the piece may not be a 1/2" so perhaps you could be a 4.0/4.5

When does your sales thread start? I will take all your SA 3.0-3.5's sight unseen!!!!!. :D

I am just going on what I have seen from CGC and read in the Overstreet guide, no missing pieces allowed in a 5.0, (shrug) - if this was my book I would be very happy with it but still grade it a 4.0/4.5

I have a CGC 3.0 Showcase from the Mound City auction that looks like a 7.0 until you see the 1" piece out of the back cover. I love the book because it looks really nice, I don't care what the number in the corner says.