• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Almost There!!!

554 posts in this topic

As a number of you know, I took the majority of 2009 off to work on my little project, said project being to set up a web-based comic retail business. There was a loose plan in place before '09, but unemployment in Feb of last year gave me the push (and the time) I needed to really make it happen.

Well, I can now report that the dream is very close to becoming a reality. After processing 175 long boxes of books :cry: , it's got down to the real nitty-gritty of set-up and on Friday, I finally took possession of the keys to the new office space. :banana: On this I got very lucky, as it's a walk (if I could be arsed) from my house, and it's also within a walk of the Post Office and The Saracen's Head, covering the two 'must haves' of any business. ^^

Had to check out a few things this afternoon, so took the camera along and thought it might be a fun idea to run a picture diary as it takes shape over the next couple of months.

Here's a few snaps of the empty office...

Office1.jpg

Great news - thanks for sharing this exciting time with the boards Nick!

I understand if you can't yet divulge the bits of details yet, but are you using this space for warehousing and booking appointments, and having a web-based catalogue for browsing/searching your inventory?

Great news - thanks for sharing this exciting time with the boards Nick!

I understand if you can't yet divulge the bits of details yet, but are you using this space for warehousing and booking appointments, and having a web-based catalogue for browsing/searching your inventory?

It's going to be almost exclusively web-based sales. (thumbs u However, appointments will be OK but we'll go with the 'Metro model' and examine the contents of your wallet at the door. :insane:

After much fiddling around with ideas and placements, we've arranged the floor plan so that we can fit two work desks, one packing desk, one filing cabinet, and sufficient racking to hold 265 long boxes.

But you know that they say about the best-laid plans... :P

I know what these words mean but not in this combination without my going to google: The Saracen's Head.

What are you talkin' 'bout?

SaracensHead.jpg

:whee:

lol looks like you have an ideal spot

Yup. (thumbs u

It's got 'Launch Party' vibes written all over it. :whee:

In the interest of blending tradition with modern technology I want to be your first customer and you can tape my paypal receipt up on the wall. :grin:

All the luck on the world to you, although with your eye for nice books and ability to grade, you won't need it.

Best,

Chris

Best of luck - must be very exciting. At least a few times a year I wonder what it would be like if I were to do the same but I never take it any further than a passing thought. I look forward to your feedback as you embark and hopefully succeed wildly on this new voyage.

It's going to be almost exclusively web-based sales. (thumbs u However, appointments will be OK but we'll go with the 'Metro model' and examine the contents of your wallet at the door. :insane:

lol

...and sufficient racking to hold 265 long boxes.

:o

Exciting times Nick!!

Congratulations on your new start up, I wish you nothing but success.

Nothing more fun the getting the keys to a new house of buisness. It looks very clean. Nothing a few stacks of comics can't take care of.

Keep us posted as you move in.

And please, take a pic of your first dollar, or beer whichever comes first.

I know what these words mean but not in this combination without my going to google: The Saracen's Head.

What are you talkin' 'bout?

SaracensHead.jpg

:whee:

England :cloud9: