• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Entire Carl Barks Library Albums - $2000

4 posts in this topic

For sale is the entire Carl Barks Library in one collection sold in he entirety.

This is not the slipcases but the magazine albums put out by Gladstone/Rainbow/Gemstone.

Here is the list of what you get.

Donald Duck 1-28 SOLD

Donald Duck Christmas Stories 1 SOLD

Gyro Gearloose 1-6 SOLD

Giants 1-7

Gladstone Albums 1-25 (Various titles)

Walt Disney Comics and Stories 1-51 SOLD

Uncle Scrooge Shorts 1-2 SOLD

Uncle Scrooge Adventures 1-56 SOLD

Disney produced Albums 1-7

This is a total of 183 albums and I believe all that were produced.

These are all like new and unread NM-/NM condition. None are in the shrinkwrap.

Below are scans of the #1 issues from each of the series. The right edge got cropped by my scanner but there are no surprises and I figured the spine is the better indicator of grade.

Also shown is issue 41 which is somewhat valuable being Scrooges origin (and only story/image of Scrooge as a child), recently sold for $80 on ebay.

These have original cover prices of $8.95 and $9.95. They regularly sell for $10-20 each on ebay plus postage.

Perfect reference collection and instant library of the Duck master. This is what Christmas money is for.

The CBL books just sold but the remaining Albums are still available. Prices as follows.

Giants 1-7 $90

Gladstone Albums 1-25 (Various titles) $290

Disney Albums 1-7 $90

Or all three sets for $450

scan0246.jpg

scan0247.jpg

scan0250.jpg