• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brit-Pack Dealer Member discounts?

109 posts in this topic

I love the way you Brits talk although I have no idea what just transpired. Speak English for crumpets sake.

Freddie, Flaming Telepath is an excellent seller, top notch grader and absolutely first rate. I haven't bought from Goldust but his rep. is stellar. Don't hesitate to buy from these gents.

Sometimes the best deal is the BIN and sometimes the worst deal is the overgraded, overpriced, panty poopin' comic that is 50% off. Hell, contact Flaming Telepath, ask him to double the price of a book you want and then ask him to discount it 27% for you.

I love the way you Brits talk although I have no idea what just transpired. Speak English for crumpets sake.

Freddie, Flaming Telepath is an excellent seller, top notch grader and absolutely first rate. I haven't bought from Goldust but his rep. is stellar. Don't hesitate to buy from these gents.

Sometimes the best deal is the BIN and sometimes the worst deal is the overgraded, overpriced, panty poopin' comic that is 50% off. Hell, contact Flaming Telepath, ask him to double the price of a book you want and then ask him to discount it 27% for you.

The irony is i knew about the new shop of FT etc, and I was'nt (in my own mind) including him in my question, because I know he's got a lot on his plate and I know people have said good things. I don't know of any other dealers and no-one has been forthcoming, even in a pm, to introduce themselves...which I find strange.

Business is business and you get back what you put in.

I'm not asking for stellar references because after all I'm only buying CGC books which I thought were rock solid, with no dispute.

All I wanted to know was whether people will deal?

They apparently don't want to go there, thats no biggie.

There are a gazillion dealers out there who will. :gossip:

The irony is i knew about the new shop of FT etc, and I was'nt (in my own mind) including him in my question, because I know he's got a lot on his plate and I know people have said good things. I don't know of any other dealers and no-one has been forthcoming, even in a pm, to introduce themselves...which I find strange.

I'm not asking for stellar references because after all I'm only buying CGC books which I thought were rock solid, with no dispute.

CGC books are pretty solid but dealers may or may not be. We've seen threads about buyers opening a package to find a chatelaine magazine instead of the expensive comic that was purchased. Sometimes the CGC case is cracked and not disclosed or the comic has damage from moving in the CGC case.

I also can't believe you don't like Fantastic Four lol but good luck with the hunt.

CGC books are pretty solid but dealers may or may not be. We've seen threads about buyers opening a package to find a chatelaine magazine instead of the expensive comic that was purchased. Sometimes the CGC case is cracked and not disclosed or the comic has damage from moving in the CGC case.

I also can't believe you don't like Fantastic Four lol but good luck with the hunt.

!!!! Anyone who doesn't like FF should be shot on site!!!!!!!! :baiting:

That is an eye opener for me.

thanks for that very good advice/information. I will tread carefully.

Sorry about the FF but I'm not really into super heroes, except perhaps Super Ted, Super Gran, and 'Dyam Fool man' but I doubt there are any comics about them :sorry:

I just read this whole thread, and I'm sort of at a loss. You're new here, you post a thread asking for discounts right off the bat, and you're somehow shocked when people here don't fall all over themselves for your business?

I don't think you 'get' the purpose of these forums. This is a community, not Ebay. The buying and selling is tangential. When you are new on a forum community, it's best to lurk for a little while, read some posts, and get a feel for the boards. If you'd done that, all of your questions would have answered themselves.

I know you like wheeling and dealing, and used a car lot analogy, so here's another one for you: You are kind of like a guy who shows up at a used car lot with no credit, no references, and immediately asks for a discount without so much as a 'how do you do'. We don't know if you have cash or not; as a matter of fact, this particular car lot has been scammed many times by strangers who ran for the state line during the 'test drive'.

So, don't be surprised by the less-than-warm welcome. Again, this a community, not a used car lot.

I just read this whole thread, and I'm sort of at a loss. You're new here, you post a thread asking for discounts right off the bat, and you're somehow shocked when people here don't fall all over themselves for your business?

I don't think you 'get' the purpose of these forums. This is a community, not Ebay. The buying and selling is tangential. When you are new on a forum community, it's best to lurk for a little while, read some posts, and get a feel for the boards. If you'd done that, all of your questions would have answered themselves.

I know you like wheeling and dealing, and used a car lot analogy, so here's another one for you: You are kind of like a guy who shows up at a used car lot with no credit, no references, and immediately asks for a discount without so much as a 'how do you do'. We don't know if you have cash or not; as a matter of fact, this particular car lot has been scammed many times by strangers who ran for the state line during the 'test drive'.

So, don't be surprised by the less-than-warm welcome. Again, this a community, not a used car lot.

Thanks for your input (thumbs u

Two of the best dealers in the world reside in your country and are board members here:

Flaming Telepath (Nick Beckett) and Andy Coleman (Goldust40).

I mean this with all seriousness: If you can't do a deal with these guys and aren't happy with your purchase, then odds are, there's something wrong with you. I've dealt with stores on every level and dealers across the country. These guys are two of the best. Eventually I plan on coming to England in the next year or so and I will be sure to use the opportunity to do some major buying with them both.

Thanks for the props Brian, and I look forward to your visit. You'll have the opportunity while you're over in Blighty to participate in one of our err, legendary gatherings at the Nags in Covent Garden. :headbang:

Excellent post.

Excellent post.

+1 :golfclap:

Excellent post.

Indeed.

I feel a crisis of conscience coming on.

I must stop filling up my gearboxes with sawdust from now on :rulez:

Excellent post.

+1 :golfclap:

+ 2

Does this mean he won't get the discount?

:insane:

Hmm - lately all the Brit led posts have lead me to the conclusion that there's tons of ego's out there and quite a few prima-donna's.

The guy just asked a f***ing question. When I'm at the marts, I always ask for a discount too.

If it's not boasting about booze (yawn), or salivating over large breasts - it's contributing to the cult of personality.

What happened to British discretion and reserve?

Next thing we'll start calling comic collectors "hobbyists", talking about PRESSING like it's something new (surely we all did that with heavy books on our 2000ADs when we werre kids) and quite honestly, going into chummy chummy postings that verge on limp-wristedness.

arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

And I'm from Leeds too.

Ewan, please excuse us fellow Brits for making friends and having a bit of banter with each other. I hadn't realised it was annoying you but I'm sure we can all adjust our behaviour to suit you.

As for us verging on limp-wristedness, based on that comment alone, I'd say that you're verging on being a *spoon*

BTW, no I didn't flatten my 2000AD's when I was a kid. Neither did I put them in a press or heat them or moisten them so that I could get more money from whoever I sold them to.

Hmm - lately all the Brit led posts have lead me to the conclusion that there's tons of ego's out there and quite a few prima-donna's.

The guy just asked a f***ing question. When I'm at the marts, I always ask for a discount too.

If it's not boasting about booze (yawn), or salivating over large breasts - it's contributing to the cult of personality.

Next thing we'll start calling comic collectors "hobbyists", talking about PRESSING like it's something new (surely we all did that with heavy books on our 2000ADs when we werre kids) and quite honestly, going into chummy chummy postings that verge on limp-wristedness.

And I'm from Leeds too.

Ewan, please excuse us fellow Brits for making friends and having a bit of banter with each other. I hadn't realised it was annoying you but I'm sure we can all adjust our behaviour to suit you.

As for us verging on limp-wristedness, based on that comment alone, I'd say that you're verging on being a *spoon*

BTW, no I didn't flatten my 2000AD's when I was a kid. Neither did I put them in a press or heat them or moisten them so that I could get more money from whoever I sold them to.

Oh dear.

1. You missed my point entirely. But if you could adjust your behaivour - YES, YOU ONLY - that would be most welcomed.

2. Which swear word did you use? I can then confirm or deny whether you're right. Or perhaps 'spoon' was the best insult you could come up with?

3. Well, you missed out big time then! I used to use my Dad's huge "Whipett Flying Encyclopedia". Worked a treat.

Seriously, I've never actually read a pressing thread (how dull must they be) but are you saying people use real-presses! Heat them (what in a cooker?) And worst still, moisten :sick: them? And you were offended by my limp-wrist comment! Crikey.

And I'm from Leeds too.

Oh dear.

1. You missed my point entirely. But if you could adjust your behaivour - YES, YOU ONLY - that would be most welcomed.

2. Which swear word did you use? I can then confirm or deny whether you're right. Or perhaps 'spoon' was the best insult you could come up with?

3. Well, you missed out big time then! I used to use my Dad's huge "Whipett Flying Encyclopedia". Worked a treat.

Seriously, I've never actually read a pressing thread (how dull must they be) but are you saying people use real-presses! Heat them (what in a cooker?) And worst still, moisten :sick: them? And you were offended by my limp-wrist comment! Crikey.

1. I missed your point? What was it then? How would you like ME ONLY to adjust my behaviour? (shrug)

2. I just typed out *spoon*, I could have come up with better insults but your post didn't seem worth it.

3. Good for you, The point that I was trying to make was that not everyone feels the need to flatten out comics and also that there is a big difference between sticking something heavyish on a comic to make it look better for yourself and professionally pressing comics for profit. If you're not interested in it then, yes a pressing thread would no doubt be very dull for you.

Seriously, if I've missed the point of your post then I'd love to know what it was. As far as I can tell, you've just got a problem with the way that the British contingent on the boards posts on here. Apparently we're not discreet or reserved enough for you. What am I missing? (shrug)