• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicbook artist non-comic work (say that 3xs fast)

66 posts in this topic

James Jean drew a cd cover for the Donnas. Tim Vigil (Faust) has done several cd covers. Wm Stout, Wally Wood, Frazetta, etc. have done numerous 1960s and 70s vinyl LP albums. Robert Crumb drew a famous Janis Joplin band album cover circa 1968 and several blues/jazz 70s vinyl covers.

There was an unpublished Lou Fine DC War cover (Losers?) that was floating around a few years ago.

I'd love to see that. A link by any chance? :wishluck:

I don't have one. I think Mitch I. had it on his site a couple years ago. It may be in someone's CAF gallery by now, I'll look. As I remember, it was not very Lou Fine-like at all.

Thanks very much.

What's your take on Kubert rejecting it as a cover? It's clearly a competent piece of work. The impact would be greater if not as much of the foreground was taken by the white area where bullets are whizzing but compared to other DC war covers of the period, that seemed an acceptable piece, no? I don't know anything about the Losers btw.

Sheldon Moldoff created the Pillsbury Doughboy.

Martin Nodell created the Doughboy I believe.

Yeah, I screwed that up. But I had dinner with both of them and I remember one or the other telling that story.

Sheldon Moldoff created the Pillsbury Doughboy.

No, you ! Martin Nodell created the Pillsbury Doughboy.

As members of the Boards community, it is our responsibility to disallow Bedrock from using these fine artists' respective advertising careers as Bedrock's own personal degustation menu, despite his claims of having had dinner with both of them, at the same time no less.

Thanks very much.

What's your take on Kubert rejecting it as a cover? It's clearly a competent piece of work. The impact would be greater if not as much of the foreground was taken by the white area where bullets are whizzing but compared to other DC war covers of the period, that seemed an acceptable piece, no? I don't know anything about the Losers btw.

It's adequate, but nothing great. The worst thing for a comic book cover is for it to be boring, and this is on the edge.

TupennyConan didn't do much of anything during the '00s. Particularly standout was his time spent on the Lazyboy.

TupennyConan didn't do much of anything during the '00s. Particularly standout was his time spent on the Lazyboy.

:acclaim:

Tupenny is just fine but if you're not into the whole brevity thing I suppose TupennyConan will work as well.

:acclaim:

Tupenny is just fine but if you're not into the whole brevity thing I suppose TupennyConan will work as well.

You mean like Cher, or Madonna, or Shaq?