• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible Detached Cover submission question

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

Can somebody advise me the best way to proceed with this please?

Up front I would rather not say what the book is, and I may or may not decide to purchase and submit it.

The book is quite rare and worth having graded at any grade. Even with my limited knowledge it is on the same sort of level as an AF15, but not that particular book.

Anyway the guts of the book are very nice, quite flat with no tears or writing etc.

The front cover is detached and there is no back cover.(obviously this does not affect the stories)

My questions are thus.

Do I submit it as is?

Will it receive a 0.5 or a NG grade?

Would it be better if I tape the cover carefully to the innards, and if I do, will this mean a restored label.

Thanks in advance

freddie

As far as I'm aware it would be NG if it is incomplete, that is with no back cover. And that would make taping the front cover to the book pointless as it would still be incomplete.

My questions are thus.

Do I submit it as is? I'm not sure there's a whole lot of value in submitting an incomplete book

Will it receive a 0.5 or a NG grade? Unless things have changed recently, it should be a 0.5 incomplete designation

Would it be better if I tape the cover carefully to the innards, and if I do, will this mean a restored label.All that will get you is an additional notation on tape

2c

My questions are thus.

Do I submit it as is? I'm not sure there's a whole lot of value in submitting an incomplete book

Will it receive a 0.5 or a NG grade? Unless things have changed recently, it should be a 0.5 incomplete designation

Would it be better if I tape the cover carefully to the innards, and if I do, will this mean a restored label.All that will get you is an additional notation on tape

2c

Thank you (thumbs u

Just curious, how much of the FC is left? Is it a clean split, or is there any part of the cover that wraps around the interior?

And where are the staples located on the Interior? Dead center spine, or off center?

Reason I ask is the cover could possibly be reinforced at the staple areas and reattched if that was a goal. To have it attached even if it meant a restored label.

Just a thought.

And to reiterate what others have said, NO , dont tape the cover to the interior. No good would come of it.

Just curious, how much of the FC is left? Is it a clean split, or is there any part of the cover that wraps around the interior?

And where are the staples located on the Interior? Dead center spine, or off center?

Reason I ask is the cover could possibly be reinforced at the staple areas and reattched if that was a goal. To have it attached even if it meant a restored label.

Just a thought.

And to reiterate what others have said, NO , dont tape the cover to the interior. No good would come of it.

Staples are central, cover is clean split. I really appreciate the advice on the non use of tape tho'.

I've been offered a complete copy since this post so it looks as tho' I may pass this one up possibly, but not certain.

Many thanks :applause: