• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Huge chest girl #39?

Your obsession of smashing pumpkins is beginning to concern me.

What do think of when you see wiperblades.

Let me know lol

I hear Huge Chest Girl #69 is the hardest to come by.

Such a dork.

Hey, at least I can turn my dorkness on and off. :baiting:

Huge chest girl #39?

Your obsession of smashing pumpkins is beginning to concern me.

What do think of when you see wiperblades.

Let me know lol

I hear Huge Chest Girl #69 is the hardest to come by.

Such a dork.

Hey, at least I can turn my dorkness on and off. :baiting:

:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

I think I'm always going to side with property rights.

In the Bizarro World of the Anti-Pressers, such things don't apply.

George, this is the sort of mess that serves no purpose. Why is somebody else's opinion, backed by logical thought, 'Bizarro World'?

Mike and I have had an intelligent, adult, respectful discourse regarding how we arrive at our own stances.

And then you post this ing nonsense?

Have a word with yourself, mate.

Please Jim, be gentle. John had his wisdom teeth removed.

There's no saying what he'll be like going forward.

Might whistle a bit more when he talks.

:whistle:

If someone can convincingly explain how a press nullifies the value/history/significance of a Mile High that jumped a quarter grade, I'll happily rescind my statement. Since no one can, other then through the use of strawman arguments and faulty comparisons, I guess they'll just have to stand.

For some reason, you are equating grade with what makes a Mile High unique. A 6.5 Mile high is just as special as a 9.2. And even after a press, the book will retain its gloss, reflectivity, white pages, unique history, and special place in this hobby. Nothing significant has changed.

Yes it has. One of the main attractions of any Pedigree upon discovery is that the books have survived a substantial length of time, sometimes in adverse conditions, in such a high state of preservation. That's the 'wow' factor, the 'can you believe it' moment. To then manipulate those books into a different state takes this factor away at least.

Whilst it doesn't nullify the appeal of the pedigree, to some, it's sufficient to devalue it, and that, to my mind, represents a 'significant' change.

I didn't know you were old enough for wisdom teeth. However, in your case, I am assuming they were like hen's teeth?

I didn't know you were old enough for wisdom teeth. However, in your case, I am assuming they were like hen's teeth?

I am almost 30, well in 7 months. :sorry:

So how about after this we go after the collectors who mar and damage their books by getting signatures on them?

I understand there is this guy named Stan Lee who is effectively destroying books with his crude drawings and signature on the cover.

While in jest, I kinda agree. I really detest Signature Series books with big, shiny marker sigs on the front cover.

However, I respect other people's wishes to do what they want with their own property. It's this weird tradition we honor here in America.

George, I think he was referring to my Stan Lee Pic thread as a joke. ;)

Yeah, I know, but his point is a good one, even in jest. Some SS books look downright fugly.

If someone can convincingly explain how a press nullifies the value/history/significance of a Mile High that jumped a quarter grade, I'll happily rescind my statement. Since no one can, other then through the use of strawman arguments and faulty comparisons, I guess they'll just have to stand.

For some reason, you are equating grade with what makes a Mile High unique. A 6.5 Mile high is just as special as a 9.2. And even after a press, the book will retain its gloss, reflectivity, white pages, unique history, and special place in this hobby. Nothing significant has changed.

Yes it has. One of the main attractions of any Pedigree upon discovery is that the books have survived a substantial length of time, sometimes in adverse conditions, in such a high state of preservation. That's the 'wow' factor, the 'can you believe it' moment. To then manipulate those books into a different state takes this factor away at least.

Whilst it doesn't nullify the appeal of the pedigree, to some, it's sufficient to devalue it, and that, to my mind, represents a 'significant' change.

And we come back full circle Nick; then don't buy it.

I think I'm always going to side with property rights.

In the Bizarro World of the Anti-Pressers, such things don't apply.

George, this is the sort of mess that serves no purpose. Why is somebody else's opinion, backed by logical thought, 'Bizarro World'?

Mike and I have had an intelligent, adult, respectful discourse regarding how we arrive at our own stances.

And then you post this ing nonsense?

Have a word with yourself, mate.

I did. I chided myself for getting involved in yet another pointless Pressing thread.

Everything else still stands though.

I collect sweet looking Silver/early Bronze books in the 9.0-9.4 range. No real keys, no real expensive items and certainly no 'top census' copies. However, I love books in that grade because they pretty much look like they did when I was actually buying them from the spinner racks back when I was a kid. It's a nostalgia thing, sure, but it's also a sense of wonder that, whilst I have become more and more ed as the years have gone by, these little beauties haven't! They've survived 40 years in the same condition without any assistance.

That's why I dislike pressing...and it has absolutely zero to do with money or status or some twisted geek sense of self-worth.

Nicely put, Nick. (worship)

Well Nick, I can't disagree with most of what you wrote here. In fact, I agree with all but the last part since Pressing a nice 8.5 into a nicer 9.2 doesn't turn me off to it. What I can't fathom are the folks who shun that sweet looking 9.2 and treat it like a red-headed step child just because it got the 'treatment'.

George, do you have any problem fathoming why people are now shunning McGwire`s 70 HRs and career accomplishments just because he got the `treatment`? If you can understand that, then you should be able to understand the views of Nick and others such as myself, BECAUSE IT`S THE SAME THING.

This has to be the dumbest post of the year so far. If I get pulled over by cops and they search my car and find pressed books would i get arrested? No. But if they find steroids then yes I would get arrested. The reason why people are shying away from McGwire's 70 HR's is because he lied. I have no ideal how you can compare the 2. Steroids is against the law, pressing is not.

The anti pressers are just to much, next thing you know they will compare pressers to Hitler. I have no problem with pressing, in a way it helps me. I only make 50 thousand a year and I cant buy a 5000.00 book. So why not get a book that would cost me a 1000 that I know can get pressed into that 5000.00 book and keep it. I feel Bedrock said it best the the anti pressers want to feel that they are the top dog of comic collecting, but pressing equals the field and they hate it.

Your opinion means nothing cause your a comicsupply shill (thumbs u

I actually read the first line, looked at who posted it, than just shook my head

lol I think it's safe to say that I am not comic supply and it has been proven that I'm not. Grow up.

So......what have we learned?

1. The same people that disliked pressing before still do.

2. The same people that liked pressing before still do.

3. There are good guys on both sides that have different and valid opinions on the subject.

So how about after this we go after the collectors who mar and damage their books by getting signatures on them?

I understand there is this guy named Stan Lee who is effectively destroying books with his crude drawings and signature on the cover.

While in jest, I kinda agree. I really detest Signature Series books with big, shiny marker sigs on the front cover.

However, I respect other people's wishes to do what they want with their own property. It's this weird tradition we honor here in America.

George, I think he was referring to my Stan Lee Pic thread as a joke. ;)

Yeah, I know, but his point is a good one, even in jest. Some SS books look downright fugly.

Totally agree. I think getting SS on really HG books, especially of the GA/SA/MA is very ugly indeed.

Someone one the boards had a Hulk 181 CGC 9.4 with like 10 signatures on it. :sick: