• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Oh, and for anybody who thinks CGC didn't deliberately set out to embrace pressing, you might want to consider why else pulling a book to pieces and then restoring it to it's original order isn't 'restoration'. meh

Describing it as pulling a book to pieces might be a little OTT there, Nick. :eyeroll:

So, reduced a comic down to 16 wraps and a cover, all spread out on your desk, is not 'pulling a book to pieces'? :baiting:

No, that's taking it apart. Pulling it to pieces would result in confetti. :makepoint:

I had one complete comic.

I now have 17 different pieces of a comic.

Piece 1

Definition: A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.

Oh, and for anybody who thinks CGC didn't deliberately set out to embrace pressing, you might want to consider why else pulling a book to pieces and then restoring it to it's original order isn't 'restoration'. meh

Describing it as pulling a book to pieces might be a little OTT there, Nick. :eyeroll:

So, reduced a comic down to 16 wraps and a cover, all spread out on your desk, is not 'pulling a book to pieces'? :baiting:

No, that's taking it apart. Pulling it to pieces would result in confetti. :makepoint:

Dr Semantic :insane:

The first sentence. (read between the lines). :gossip:

I did. It says Dav is a nincompoop for using an unverified quote from Wikipedia.

lol

Well, lets pretend it's bogus. Nobody's gong to resort to DP anyway. No matter how much money might be gained, no matter how masterful modern restoration artists and techniques have become. Nothing to worry about here. Only nonsense.

Forget I even brought it up. Relax, relax. zzz

I don't think you guys are going to find very many people to argue with over disassembly or trimming. Trying to do so has only accomplished proving that rational, free thinking people with some ability to reason don't agree with every policy that CGC has.

I don't think you guys are going to find very many people to argue with over disassembly or trimming. Trying to do so has only accomplished proving that rational, free thinking people with some ability to reason don't agree with every policy that CGC has.

Couldn't agree more, Mike.

However, the counter-argument against the 'fringe element' by many is all-too often 'CGC doesn't consider XXX to be YYY', as though that's the end of the debate, game over, go home and take your ball with you.

I've posted 42 times in this thread, this is number 43. Someone kick me in the nuts already. doh!

I think it's funny that you actually counted.

:insane:

Funny...or nuts.

Either/or, I spose.

I clicked on "my posts" and it was easy math from there

Nuts that I've posted in, and read this entire thread except for the posts by Monstro and Pickycollector.... :tonofbricks: and zzz ...in that order.

Piece 1

Definition: A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.

Haven't you tried this dictionary definition approach before? hm

A 32 page comic is 8 pieces of paper isn't it? plus 2 staples.

Nine, actually. doh!

I see... the cover isn't counted. (thumbs u

I was wondering how you got 17 pieces...

However, the counter-argument against the 'fringe element' by many is all-too often 'CGC doesn't consider XXX to be YYY', as though that's the end of the debate, game over, go home and take your ball with you.

I agree, and it's a terrible counter argument that I wish those that use it would drop. It's also one of the least important reasons to consider when developing am opinion about any procedure.

Piece 1

Haven't you tried this dictionary definition approach before? hm

Yeah.

I accept that it's a bit of an 'out there' way of dealing with debate over the meaning of words, but I'm an 'out there' sort of guy. :D

I agree, and it's a terrible counter argument that I wish those that use it would drop. It's also one of these least important reasons to consider when developing am opinion about any procedure.

I wish CGC had legitimate competition....

Competition is good.