• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

I wish CGC had legitimate competition....

Competition is good.

How many industries are there out there where one company dominates the industry?

Amazing.

I don't think you guys are going to find very many people to argue with over disassembly or trimming. Trying to do so has only accomplished proving that rational, free thinking people with some ability to reason don't agree with every policy that CGC has.

Couldn't agree more, Mike.

However, the counter-argument against the 'fringe element' by many is all-too often 'CGC doesn't consider XXX to be YYY', as though that's the end of the debate, game over, go home and take your ball with you.

I agree, and it's a terrible counter argument that I wish those that use it would drop. It's also one of these least important reasons to consider when developing am opinion about any procedure.

[font:Arial Black]Legitimate[/font] Competition is good.

Fixed that for ya! (thumbs u

I don't think you guys are going to find very many people to argue with over disassembly or trimming. Trying to do so has only accomplished proving that rational, free thinking people with some ability to reason don't agree with every policy that CGC has.

However, the counter-argument against the 'fringe element' by many is all-too often 'CGC doesn't consider XXX to be YYY', as though that's the end of the debate, game over, go home and take your ball with you.

I agree, and it's a terrible counter argument that I wish those that use it would drop. It's also one of these least important reasons to consider when developing am opinion about any procedure.

Well.

Since it was...ya know...already stated in the sentence right above it....

I felt it might be a touch redundant.

;)

Well.

Since it was...ya know...already stated in the sentence right above it....

I felt it might be a touch redundant.

;)

Just like giving you a hard time :baiting:

I kinda like this one too....

Kickinthenuts.jpg

this is a chop, btw

OMG... I havent seen that picture in at least 4 years. I remember a thread with nothing but that broad in the most random places. She should not be allowed to mosh.. OT: I wonder how she liked having that picture posted and photoshopped all over every hardcore messageboard for years.. I think it used to be called "Moshzilla"

Hey Steve

Can you take a moment to confirm CGC's stance on disassembly?

Thanks in advance. :foryou:

When I was threre, if a book was disassembeld (sp?) and put back together poorly, then it was down graded. Nothing added, nothing taken away, no purple label, just a loss of grade ($).

Once again, if done correctly, it would be very difficult to prove. Anyone here know a way to prove this has been done? (shrug)

Let the wild rumpus begin!

Hey Steve

Can you take a moment to confirm CGC's stance on disassembly?

Thanks in advance. :foryou:

When I was threre, if a book was disassembeld (sp?) and put back together poorly, then it was down graded. Nothing added, nothing taken away, no purple label, just a loss of grade ($).

Once again, if done correctly, it would be very difficult to prove. Anyone here know a way to prove this has been done? (shrug)

Let the wild rumpus begin!

You mean these are not standard issue among the CGC graders? (tsk)

crystal-ball-2.jpg

So, would it be fair to say that the "hobby" for most in this thread isn't collecting comic books but rather arguing endlessly about the restoration of comic books?

Is everyone just trying to protect their investments at this point?

So, would it be fair to say that the "hobby" for most in this thread isn't collecting comic books but rather arguing endlessly about the restoration of comic books?

You've made far too many generalizations.

Fixed it for you

There you go.

Fixed it for you

There you go.

What happened to your Hedgehog avatar? :cry:

have you moved yet?

Fixed it for you

There you go.

:screwy:

have you moved yet?

Just what I was wondering hm

Fixed it for you

There you go.

:foryou:

Fixed it for you

There you go.

:foryou:

:cloud9:

have you moved yet?

Just what I was wondering hm

I have! Lordy, I have. It's been a crazy couple months... This is the first opportunity I've had to sit down and harass you guys say hi since we got here!

Good to see I haven't missed anything... :eyeroll::kidaround: