• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

I think even Nikki Sixx might like Lennon better.

:insane:

Nikki wrote that song when they were ending one of their first big tours. They were drugged out, strung out and tired and they couldn't wait to get home.

Personally, I was always a Paul McCartney kind of guy.

When they split, you knew Lennon was the better writer. Paul does rock, not saying he doesn't.

I am sure pressing would still be taking place in the hobby. But nothing like what is going on today. No way in hell.

So what are you saying: that CGC is to blame?

For the massive increase in pressing, absolutely.

Maybe they never anticipated what their position would lead to, but people are held responsible for unintended consequences of their actions all the time. I hold them responsible because the sanctity of the blue label, and the ability of people to boost the grade of a comic while retaining the all important blue label, has led us to where we are today.

I am sure pressing would still be taking place in the hobby. But nothing like what is going on today. No way in hell.

Maybe they never anticipated what their position would lead to, but people are held responsible for unintended consequences of their actions all the time. I hold them responsible because the sanctity of the blue label, and the ability of people to boost the grade of a comic while retaining the all important blue label, has led us to where we are today.

Uhh, blame the boards.

:makepoint:

Uhh, blame the boards.

:makepoint:

If pressed books were PLOD-ed, all the eloquent prose in the world on these boards could not get get people to press books.

Nikki wrote that song when they were ending one of their first big tours. They were drugged out, strung out and tired and they couldn't wait to get home.

When they split, you knew Lennon was the better writer. Paul does rock, not saying he doesn't.

I can appreciate his genius, I just never loved his songwriting.

Paul is the godfather of simple, bright, catchy pop.

Lennon is the Socrates of pop.

I always gravitated towards the Beetles tunes that Paul had a heavy hand in (or at least to me sounded like he did).

You got the cover for Nexus # 1 (worship)

Uh, check out his board name. Was there ever any doubt? :baiting:

I know, but uncovering and getting a "grail" in OA is very hard and can be very expensive.

I know I will never own, say, the cover to Vampi #1. Can't buy it, even if it was for sale, don't have the $ and don't know where it is. :pullhair:

That is if the person who owns it, would even part with it :(

Just glad he got it!

If pressed books were PLOD-ed, all the eloquent prose in the world on these boards could not get get people to press books.

If. If. If.

If there wasn't a loophole, namely that it is mostly undetectable, you might have a point...but...

If people didn't let the cat out of the bag that Lange's books are 3 grades undergraded, people wouldn't know to shop there.

If people didn't tell everyone that there was Gold in the Klondike, very few people would have traveled to the Yukon.

If people didn't always talk about pressing on here, nobody would know what it was.

Of course, many people don't have the foresight to know where their words will lead so here we are.

Running round in circles.

I always gravitated towards the Beetles tunes that Paul had a heavy hand in (or at least to me sounded like he did).

Agree, but I am less into "pop".

George never got his due. Could not pump the songs out as fast.........

I agree on George. The guy was a genius in his own right.

I never really cared much for the GD. No offense. I see their genius, but it stops there.

:shy:

I like my music melodic, bright and catchy. Key of G on a pentatonic scale, please.

That or a little Dvorak or Bach.

:cloud9:

I know I will never own, say, the cover to Vampi #1. Can't buy it, even if it was for sale, don't have the $ and don't know where it is. :pullhair:

Anyways, Gene "Big Money" Park would be in your way.

Not true.

Gene told me I could have it for $100 if he ever bought it. Great guy! ;)

Steve, will you be organizing the festivities for this year's MegaCon?

Won't be going. :(

Same weekend as Seattle. :frustrated:

Rachel is PISSED! 1st Megacon she will miss in years :cry:

You're going to pass up all your Florida buddies to hang out in a city where the sun makes an appearance less frequently than a major sports championship? For shame.... (tsk)

Not true.

Gene told me I could have it for $100 if he ever bought it. Great guy! ;)

lol

Sounds like we need a new thread 'Who's your favorite Beatle ?' .

In My Life, I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields, A Day in the Life,.......

John Lennon was my favorite.

Pressing Service

Quality Comix is proud to announce it's new professional pressing service. Two tiers will be offered - Regular tier turnaround time is 2 weeks and Express tier turnaround time is only 3 business days! Along with having superior service and turnaround times, Quality Comix also offers the best pressing rates in the industry. Customers that wish to have their books pressed can log into their accounts to create a pressing invoice to be mailed with the comics that need a press. Our current pressing rates can be viewed by clicking here. Rates start at a LOW $10 for books printed after 1970. Books printed before 1970 start at only $20. Rates go up depending on service selected and value of book being submitted.

Two things I can't understand or fathom from this press release.

A:) The best rates in the business are also given by the same person that is the best presser in the business, they are $10.00 (and less) a book regardless of the era

and MORE IMPORTANTLY

Why the hell would the head of the NOD offer a pressing service? Is this not like the antigun lobby, handing over loaded weapons to people and not understanding when they fire them. Why would you offer the means so that people could sell the books undisclosed. Is it now acceptable because you got paid first???

I had nothing but respect for the NOD and their mission, but now I have lost total respect for the orginazation as a whole. Starting a company that presses books, and then heading an organization that is trying to stop pressed books from being sold undisclosed is a blatant conflict of interest.

What's next? Give heroin addicts needles to see if they'll start using again???

Jim

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

Then ask Brent and Marnin why I was booted for basically doing the same thing.

Yeah Joe you were railroaded. While Marnin and Brent were campaigning the board to basically chase you out of the NOD Brent had to be working on his little business.

I feel like a prize chump. Thank the maker I am done with that "organization".

You got the cover for Nexus # 1 (worship)

Uh, check out his board name. Was there ever any doubt? :baiting:

I know, but uncovering and getting a "grail" in OA is very hard and can be very expensive.

That is if the person who owns it, would even part with it :(

Just glad he got it!

Thanks again. Pretty sure Glenn Danzig owns Vampi #1. Unfortunately, I also understand that Frazetta modified it after publication. I'm sure Gene could confirm/elaborate.

BTW, I am now changing my board name to ASM #129 :insane:

Can you or anyone else post about what Ewert's been up to and if he's still participating in the hobby? That was the biggest reason I left high-grade comics behind in 2005. He should be a pariah in the hobby...that he might still be operating, with accomplices no less, says a lot about the current state of high-grade.

Sounds like we need a new thread 'Who's your favorite Beatle ?' .

In My Life, I am the Walrus, Strawberry Fields, A Day in the Life,.......

John Lennon was my favorite.

They complimented each other. None were greater... Both were great...and yes George was under -rated!!!! :cool: