• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Steve, will you be organizing the festivities for this year's MegaCon?

Won't be going. :(

Same weekend as Seattle. :frustrated:

Rachel is PISSED! 1st Megacon she will miss in years :cry:

You're going to pass up all your Florida buddies to hang out in a city where the sun makes an appearance less frequently than a major sports championship? For shame.... (tsk)

Hey now! We have some blue sky even as I type this. ;)

This was posted over in the "tough questions" thread. I think is very relevant to the debate going on.

Plus, it's just a really cool detective story. :cool:

There was a copy of X-Men 1 that came in. Just beautiful. Something in my gut kept saying, something is wrong here, but not sure what. It sat in the safe for two weeks. I kept looking at it and finally found that it had a married wrap. The paper was a perfect match, staple holes perfect, but the book had a green distro strip on the top of the cover and pages. I realized that the "distro" ink on the married page was color touch. An amazing job! Found out later, it was bought from Sotheby's by a major collector that had great resto detection skills and, not just the Sotheby's grading gang missed it, he did as well. He was blown away when he cracked it out and looked.

I just think it's relevant because a lot of posters on the "don't care" side focus their stance on minimalist procedures. This story describes what lengths and masterful skills can come into play when money is the goal. Collectors that think books won't be disassembled might want to reconsider. Collectors that think every non-additive technique that exists, or yet to be perfected, won't come into play, might want to reconsider.

Debating "don't care", please don't care about any non-additive treatment or combination of treatments. Because that is the debate. Just sayin'. :)

Oh, for Chrissakes!!

Its NoD..Network of Disclosure not the Network of Anti Pressing.

They will happily press and disclose as much. You misunderstand their mission statement apparently.

Does that make sense? Does it null your entire post?

Then ask Brent and Marnin why I was booted for basically doing the same thing.

Yeah Joe you were railroaded. While Marnin and Brent were campaigning the board to basically chase you out of the NOD Brent had to be working on his little business.

Untrue

Well that's my take on it. Whether "true" or not that is how I feel. You may have not played as big a role as I may think but Marnin used what you gave him to manipulate us. However, it actually was playing out on his and your side I felt like we railroaded him in the end.

Can someone PM me any info that they have that trimmed books are being submitted to [font:Arial Black]any[/font] site by Jason?

Not kidding. I really want to know. I hang in many circles of our hobby and have not heard anything that shows this is really happening. Have I missed a thread where this has been shown?

Thanks!

Steve "unaware" Borock :blush:

The rumor is that Ewert was seen publicly at a CLink auction "preview night" last year along with Brulato and others. And there is a Boardie who received a Ewert invoice that was inadvertantly left in his Clink shipment.

I've heard all this third hand and Boardies have been dropping hints and PMing this stuff for months. Why the people that have firsthand knowledge have not stepped forward publicly is beyond me. Either it's not true, or they fear repercussions.

(shrug)

My sense is this will get the thread to 1,500. lol

I'm surprised this post isn't receiving more attention.

Steve B. is on the right track by asking if people have additional information about this issue. If Ewert is back in the hobby and actively selling, particularly if doing so through third party sites to mask his participation, that is cause for concern.

Why is it we aren't hearing/reading more on these boards from the forumites who have more direct personal knowledge of this information? The forumites who have information should be sharing it, subject to appropriate legal precautions of course (i.e., making sure they don't defame anyone).

I thought those on the boards protect each other? It will be interesting to learn which board members have been withholding crucial information from us. :popcorn:

Can someone PM me any info that they have that trimmed books are being submitted to [font:Arial Black]any[/font] site by Jason?

Not kidding. I really want to know. I hang in many circles of our hobby and have not heard anything that shows this is really happening. Have I missed a thread where this has been shown?

Thanks!

The rumor is that Ewert was seen publicly at a CLink auction "preview night" last year along with Brulato and others. And there is a Boardie who received a Ewert invoice that was inadvertantly left in his Clink shipment.

I've heard all this third hand and Boardies have been dropping hints and PMing this stuff for months. Why the people that have firsthand knowledge have not stepped forward publicly is beyond me. Either it's not true, or they fear repercussions.

(shrug)

Steve B. is on the right track by asking if people have additional information about this issue. If Ewert is back in the hobby and actively selling, particularly if doing so through third party sites to mask his participation, that is cause for concern.

Why is it we aren't hearing/reading more on these boards from the forumites who have more direct personal knowledge of this information? The forumites who have information should be sharing it, subject to appropriate legal precautions of course (i.e., making sure they don't defame anyone).

I thought those on the boards protect each other? It will be interesting to learn which board members have been withholding crucial information from us. :popcorn:

:popcorn:

Thanks!

(shrug)

(shrug)

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling. There is a lot of second information that is out there. With that said, there is no one that has stated that Ewert is still selling trimmed books, merely that he is once again selling. If someone with first hand information wants to come forward, then by all means, they can if they choose to.

That being said, I think some of these "rumors" are not entirely true. And like a game of telephone, it's not all being relayed correctly.

:hi:

Yo. Things finally gotten to the point where you can do some board surfing?

Just had Evans first birthday party, and the wifes hanging out with friends. Im just hiding in my comic room :cloud9:

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling. There is a lot of second information that is out there. With that said, there is no one that has stated that Ewert is still selling trimmed books, merely that he is once again selling. If someone with first hand information wants to come forward, then by all means, they can if they choose to.

That being said, I think some of these "rumors" are not entirely true. And like a game of telephone, it's not all being relayed correctly.

You may be entirely correct Brian. I don't know. First I heard of this was within the last 24 or so hours.

Of course, I've never seen the fact that something might be a "rumor" stop much in the way of conversation on these boards. Interesting that it is a topic that actually would be of value to collectors on the boards where apparently the choice is made to keep quiet.

Plus if there is an invoice out there though that certainly would seem to indicate hard direct evidence does exist. And I, for one, would be interested in knowing who is allowing Ewert to sell books and if so what precautions, if any, are being taken to ensure he isn't selling trimmed books.

115!

We should take bets on when the thread hits 1500....

At this rate, I say....Saturday, 3:47 PM PST.

Drat.

Hey, I thought it would have gotten there last weekend.

lol

You may be entirely correct Brian. I don't know. First I heard of this was within the last 24 or so hours.

Of course, I've never seen the fact that something might be a "rumor" stop much in the way of conversation on these boards. Interesting that it is a topic that actually would be of value to collectors on the boards where apparently the choice is made to keep quiet.

Plus if there is an invoice out there though that certainly would seem to indicate hard direct evidence does exist. And I, for one, would be interested in knowing who is allowing Ewert to sell books and if so what precautions, if any, are being taken to ensure he isn't selling trimmed books.

I heard this rumor well over a year and a 1/2 ago.

Who know if it's true, but I figure someone would have spilled the beans by now.

Well unless there is some kind of secret blood oath at these "preview nights". hm

Seriously it wouldn't surprise me if he was still in the hobby, but I doubt he is still micro-trimming, as the risk is to great to get caught again.

If this is true, it's the most disgusting thing that I've heard about Clink yet and I've never had a high opinion of them. No one in the hobby should be knowingly dealing with that scum.