• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How in the world did this go unnoticed???

1,945 posts in this topic

Honestly, would anyone be surprised if JE is still in the hobby? (shrug)

It's not like he was reprimanded in any criminal/civil prosecution brought against him, so the real question is why wouldn't he be.

I don't think that anyone is surprised to hear that Ewert is still in the hobby but they're probably concerned that one of the biggest forces currently in the business might be knowingly dealing with him. Considering how many people here deal with Clink, I think that it's important to uncover of there is validity to these claims.

Who here would want to be buying a book from Ewert even if it was not tampered with? (shrug)

It's not like he was reprimanded in any criminal/civil prosecution brought against him, so the real question is why wouldn't he be.

I don't think that anyone is surprised to hear that Ewert is still in the hobby but they're probably concerned that one of the biggest forces currently in the business might be knowingly dealing with him. Considering how many people here deal with Clink, I think that it's important to uncover of there is validity to these claims.

Who here would want to be buying a book from Ewert even if it was not tampered with? (shrug)

That's my point also. I would like to hear from Clink on this matter! Come on Clink speak up, or do you have something to hide?

Well People are still OK with buying from other shady main-stream dealers, so you have your answer.

Well People are still OK with buying from other shady main-stream dealers, so you have your answer.

Well, I take your point that there are people here who would and do buy from criminals but there are still plenty of people here who would be horrified at the thought of buying a possible Ewert manipulated book or even just giving their money up to a scum like him.

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

I've known Cliff for a long time, and he wouldn't be us. :o

No proof or anything of substance, so no one is going to care unless he mans up and says what he knows.

Which is probably hearsay anyway, just like the rest of us.

Josh N. and C-Link would stand to lose more than they would gain with him being around, so you do the math.

Either way there will always going be scumbags in this hobby. There is someone doing something wrong/immoral in the hobby right now as we speak. Just look some of the eBay sellers we caught selling restored books as un-restored as we speak.

The main thing we should all be concerned with is assurance from CGC that they have the most advanced technique to catch all forms of restorations, especially micro-trimming. That's what I want to know.

This post is like throwing the baby out with the bath water, except in reverse. :screwy:

I doubt anyone on these boards has first hand knowledge that Ewert is still selling.

Wrong.

No proof or anything of substance, so no one is going to care unless he mans up and says what he knows.

Which is probably hearsay anyway, just like the rest of us.

Josh N. and C-Link would stand to lose more than they would gain with him being around, so you do the math.

Either way there will always going be scumbags in this hobby. There is someone doing something wrong/immoral in the hobby right now as we speak. Just look some of the eBay sellers we caught selling restored books as un-restored as we speak.

The main thing we should all be concerned with is assurance from CGC that they have the most advanced technique to catch all forms of restorations, especially micro-trimming. That's what I want to know.

This post is like throwing the baby out with the bath water, except in reverse. :screwy:

What don't you agree with? :baiting:

I think you underestimate ComicLink's desire not to not miss money, any money.

Furthermore, just because there are sleazeballs selling books doesn't mean one should be complacent regarding this instance. I have never cottoned to the "always have, always will" arguments.

Plus, I trust CGC and they are certainly more qualified than myself with restoration and trimming detection, but I am not going to let them lead me around as if I have blinders on.

Furthermore, just because there are sleazeballs selling books doesn't mean one should be complacent regarding this instance. I have never cottoned to the "always have, always will" arguments.

Plus, I trust CGC and they are certainly more qualified than myself with restoration and trimming detection, [font:Arial Black]but I am not going to let them lead me around as if I have blinders on. [/font]

Why not? You let me do it. (shrug)

Plus, I trust CGC and they are certainly more qualified than myself with restoration and trimming detection, [font:Arial Black]but I am not going to let them lead me around as if I have blinders on. [/font]

Why not? You let me do it. (shrug)

You buy me dinner. (shrug)

Plus, I trust CGC and they are certainly more qualified than myself with restoration and trimming detection, but I am not going to let them lead me around as if I have blinders on.

Of course no one want sleazeballs in the hobby, but for every Jason Ewert you stop a new on is born, so I am just being realistic.

I do trust CGC as well in their service of checking restoration. My point is even if 100 people were trimming or micro-trimming books we should trust in the graded comic book market that CGC is stopping most of them with PLOD labels, that's all.

I am assuming they are more advanced now then they were prior to the JE scandal.

I hope anyway. :fear:

Wrong.

I'm not saying he would, but my point is, you'd have to also be willing to actually say what you wanted to know -- just claiming that he or some other board member has first hand knowledge -- isn't going to really convince enough people.

I've always assumed Ewert is still out there, still operating, still selling.

Of course no one want sleazeballs in the hobby, but for every Jason Ewert you stop a new on is born, so I am just being realistic.

I do trust CGC as well in their service of checking restoration. My point is even if 100 people were trimming or micro-trimming books we should trust in the graded comic book market that CGC is stopping most of them with PLOD labels, that's all.

I am assuming they are more advanced now then they were prior to the JE scandal.

Just because Ewert is one of many fraudulent sleaze in the hobby, doesn't mean he should be ignored. Whether he is still trying to introduce trimmed comics into the marketplace shouldn't matter, after what he has done, after how many people have been screwed by his actions, he should have the door of every reputable person in the hobby, slammed in his face.

While I'm sure that CGC do their best to catch every trimming that they can, trusting blindly that they can, is being complacent. For all we know, Ewert may be trimming and selling raw.

Just because Ewert is one of many fraudulent sleaze in the hobby, doesn't mean he should be ignored. Whether he is still trying to introduce trimmed comics into the marketplace shouldn't matter, after what he has done, after how many people have been screwed by his actions, he should have the door of every reputable person in the hobby, slammed in his face.

While I'm sure that CGC do their best to catch every trimming that they can, trusting blindly that they can, is being complacent. For all we know, Ewert may be trimming and selling raw.

Okay great.

I still waiting on any actual proof though

So far all we are doing is talking rumors.

That's not realistic, that's defeatist.

Maybe if it bothers you call comic link and ask them to comment about this then. (shrug)

This has been a rumor for a long time now.

That's not realistic, that's defeatist.

At some point you have to have a little faith.After all there is just as much a guarantee on our money system as there is CGC books.

But if you suspect a sleazeball is operating in the hobby, it's worth making noise about it. It will at least make people think twice about doing business with that sleazeball.

But if you suspect a sleazeball is operating in the hobby, it's worth making noise about it. It will at least make people think twice about doing business with that sleazeball.

Barton, I agree, but all of these posting are just hearsay. I have yet to see anyone come forward and say something meaningful to the matter at hand.

I like busting on comic-link :cloud9: , but I am not going to throw anyone under the bus based on a couple posts from people with zero facts.