• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Mound City resubmits begin!

162 posts in this topic

[Does that FF # 5 have a light crease on the bottom right hand corner?

:sick:

It's possible, but I lean towards no. It's so light I'm not sure it rules it out of 9.4 even if it is there, I'd have to see it in person.

As Foolkiller said, it's the dust shadow I mind the most, although certainly CGC is consistent in not downgrading much for those, I presume because they can often be cleaned off and don't point at aging of the paper. A LOT of the Mound City books have dust shadows on the right side, the AF15 had one too.

Speaking of the AF15, where is it? I would have expected it to be up for sale by now in a new holder and grade. (shrug)

Maybe it was not cracked out and pressed.

Maybe it was and went down in grade.

Just a couple of reasons it might not have shown up..........

these so called, "dust shadows" most of the time is actually light tanning, and going nowhere.

I'd hope CGC would downgrade more for that. Easy to see with the book in hand, tanning affects both sides of the paper. Some of the Mound City books with dust shadows were at 9.6, so I was guessing a one-sided dust shadow.

Speaking of the AF15, where is it? I would have expected it to be up for sale by now in a new holder and grade. (shrug)

Based upon who bought it, there's isn't a chance in hell it wasn't resubmitted, but no grade increase seems likely to me. The AF15 had an even worse spinner-rack crease than the FF #3 above, I didn't think it had a chance in hell at an 8.5, but then again, I thought the same thing about the FF #3 going above 9.0. :insane:

Based upon who bought it, there's isn't a chance in hell it wasn't resubmitted, but no grade increase seems likely to me. The AF15 had an even worse spinner-rack crease than the FF #3 above, I didn't think it had a chance in hell at an 8.5, but then again, I thought the same thing about the FF #3 going above 9.0. :insane:

Who bought the AF 15?

The AF #15 had 3 stains that were visible from the outside and one from the inside only. They were light granted, but from what I recall the general consensus was that it would not be improvable.

…which is why the people who trekked to the Mound City auction in person made out so well, they were able to identify resubmit candidates…

Brent didn't do so well on his resubs and he was at the auction. Are these resubs being identified as Mound City books in the auction?

I'm quite surprised by the grade on the FF #3. Look at the big spinner-rack crease to the left of the "Fantasti-Car" text, it looks like two creases, one that's 1/2" long and another that's 1/4". Never seen a 9.2 with creases that bad. Certainly the rest of the book looks perfect, but still... hm

I thought it was generous as a 9.0, but what the heck do I know?

I have CGC 9.2's that have more spine creases than that FF #3, so it is not out of the ordinary

More, maybe, but as prominent? That is a rather sizeable rack/spinner stress.

Brent didn't do so well on his resubs and he was at the auction. Are these resubs being identified as Mound City books in the auction?

Yea they are identified as Mound City.

I'm still dumbfounded that the JIM #85 got a 9.6. That book had a HARD long crease on the back cover. Amazing.

does anyone know who won the book from mound city?

My guess is that it was won by the guy you asked. :baiting:

I'm still dumbfounded that the JIM #85 got a 9.6. That book had a HARD long crease on the back cover. Amazing.

does anyone know who won the book from mound city?

My guess is that it was won by the guy you asked. :baiting:

Nope. It was a stunner of a 9.2 though. Front cover was nearly perfect.

Who bought the AF 15?

Ritter