• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shuddertown from Image

53 posts in this topic

If anything issue #2 furthers the story less than #1, but I like the art and the sense of unfolding mystery.

I'm not sure this is going to be a zombie book, though clearly it has supernatural elements. Mainly it's a crime comic.

Just finished the latest issue and the art is starting to drive me nuts. It's like a Hollywood film- first, James Gandolfini...next is William H Macy...then Giovanni Ribisi...and finally Julianne Moore.

While I don't mind the occasional star reference, having every major character be a picture reference with squiggly lines is way too distracting. I'm actually going to have to reread this issue, 'cause I spent the whole time thinking..."Wow...Tony Soprano is a cop?!"

I just got my order in and flipped issue #3.

Wow. You are right about the art. That's literally a picture of Tony Soprano traced right on to the page. I don't think I can even read this issue. Thank God it's my last.

I'm an Image honk and I don't like bashing creator owned books...... bad / average art usually doesn't bother me, but this phototracing is so bad, I feel ripped off for buying this.

I've heard good things about Nick Spencer. This is the only thing I've tried from him and I have Morning Glories #1 on order, but based on the art in this book alone, I'm considering taking Morning Glories #2 off my pull.

The hype on this series..if there ever was one...pretty much was a let down.

Too many people talking on how it was going to be great, buy this variant, and buy that cover..for what.. for a story line that is too slow and incredibly worthless.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were photo swipes but I don't recognize anyone. I'm not too up to date with celebrities though. I still like it. It is slow but I think it's interesting enough. I'm not going to stop reading it until I find out what the deal is with the ghost killings.

I've heard good things about Nick Spencer. This is the only thing I've tried from him and I have Morning Glories #1 on order, but based on the art in this book alone, I'm considering taking Morning Glories #2 off my pull.

I just found out that Joe Eisma is doing Morning Glories. That alone is enough to try at least the first 3 issues. His stuff is always good. Can't say I care for the coloring in the preview though.

I wouldn't be surprised if those were photo swipes but I don't recognize anyone. I'm not too up to date with celebrities though. I still like it. It is slow but I think it's interesting enough. I'm not going to stop reading it until I find out what the deal is with the ghost killings.

I'm enough of a crime comic fan to keep with it a little longer, but have the feeling I'll be disappointed in the end.

I'm enough of a crime comic fan to keep with it a little longer, but have the feeling I'll be disappointed in the end.

That's how I feel about Fade To Black. I should have dropped it after #1 but it's only one more issue so I'll get it I guess :P