• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gypsy, Tramp and Thief Alert....

47 posts in this topic

My Origin 1 is getting lonely for a perfect mate! 27_laughing.gif

I could see that... if your Origin 1's idea of a perfect mate was greggy on a Friday night... Otherwise I think it's hardly an equal pairing... confused-smiley-013.gif

So how many other forumites have received a 10 on a submission? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Peter of Paradise Comics has had 3 recently that I know of (Origin 6, Thor Vikings 1, and Supreme Power 1), probably has more...although I don't know if those were submitted by him from his own stock or if they were submissions from his customers as he does run a store up in Canada - i'm sure AlexH, Kevethemev, comicwiz or some of his customer forumites can chime in ...

So how many emails did you get after you listed your first 10? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't been this popular since I showed up at the local junior high with two cases of Rainier and a bag of Oregon Grown ... well... it's been a while... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I listed 2 simultaneously...

CGC 10.0 ORIGIN 1 WOLVERINE UNIQUE TOP CENSUS

CGC 10.0 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 1 TOP CENSUS (it was the chromium reprint cover to McFarlane's 1)

I got several EMs...Some sending hate mail for mislisting the reprint.Some making offers of $1000 right away to pull the Origin 1 and buy on the side, then getting hatemail because I wouldn't sell directly. The ASM 1 totally peeved some folks off...but fortunately it is in the home of a forumite still - a die hard Spidey collector who I beleive is still trying for top census copies of ASM 328 and up.

other than hate mail and lowball offers, you will get:

1) How many other copies do you have?

2) Do you have a 9.9 or 9.8 for sale?

3) Is there really any difference between your 10.0 from you 9.x? 893frustrated.gif

That's why I never settle for 10's for my modern's...I only buy and sell 11's...You see, most blokes will be paying for 10's. You’re stuck on 10, all the way, it's the best...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What I do, is if I need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One higher....Eleven....

Peter of Paradise Comics has had 3 recently that I know of (Origin 6, Thor Vikings 1, and Supreme Power 1), probably has more...although I don't know if those were submitted by him from his own stock or if they were submissions from his customers as he does run a store up in Canada - i'm sure AlexH, Kevethemev, comicwiz or some of his customer forumites can chime in ...

I think most of the 10's Pete gets are his books. I myself have yet to pull off this feat (10.0), but since 90% of the books I submit are for the signature series, I doubt that I will ever get one. tonofbricks.gif

other than hate mail and lowball offers, you will get:

1) How many other copies do you have?

2) Do you have a 9.9 or 9.8 for sale?

3) Is there really any difference between your 10.0 from you 9.x? 893frustrated.gif

That's why I never settle for 10's for my modern's...I only buy and sell 11's...You see, most blokes will be paying for 10's. You’re stuck on 10, all the way, it's the best...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What I do, is if I need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One higher....Eleven....

That joke never gets old... cloud9.gif

Well this book isn't an eleven... and you can't see the auction until it begins at 6:45PM Pacific tonight... but it's pretty nice anyway... and it might just earn me a place at the gypsy, tramp and thief table... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Auction starting 18:45 PST on 2-2-2004