• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A few queries about the Double Covers auction.

3 posts in this topic

Hello fellows.

Just some questions I would like answered about the Comic connect auction, if anyone could help?

As I understand it (and please correct me if I 'm wrong), the books are the result of a long time collection from one guy who has pursued books with printing errors namely books with multiple covers.

All well and good. I've read a few things on here about this, and it seems this guy has bid very aggressively in the past to obtain these books at any cost.

My question is this; Will the sudden offering of all these books at one time create some kind of glut, in as much as, perhaps the prices he may have paid on some issues will not be realised?

In other words, is this auction a great chance for others now to pick up these double covers and above for really competitive and consequently much lower prices?

I can't imagine all these books will obviously go to one person so therefore they will be scattered amongst collectors and will never be offered together again as one huge lot.

Or am I way off in understanding how this auction will turn out, and they will go for record prices?

One last thing, why is the guy selling them off now?

Has he become bored? Has he finished with comics? Does he suddenly need cash?

Anyone know? (shrug)

Hello fellows.

Just some questions I would like answered about the Comic connect auction, if anyone could help?

As I understand it (and please correct me if I 'm wrong), the books are the result of a long time collection from one guy who has pursued books with printing errors namely books with multiple covers.

All well and good. I've read a few things on here about this, and it seems this guy has bid very aggressively in the past to obtain these books at any cost.

My question is this; Will the sudden offering of all these books at one time create some kind of glut, in as much as, perhaps the prices he may have paid on some issues will not be realised?

In other words, is this auction a great chance for others now to pick up these double covers and above for really competitive and consequently much lower prices?

I can't imagine all these books will obviously go to one person so therefore they will be scattered amongst collectors and will never be offered together again as one huge lot.

Or am I way off in understanding how this auction will turn out, and they will go for record prices?

Anyone know? (shrug)

Joe believes it's time to move on from double covers.

Prices will be surprisingly low on many items in this auction, and in the future prices will be softer on eBay - all because Joe won't be bidding.

Hello fellows.

Anyone know? (shrug)

Joe believes it's time to move on from double covers.

Prices will be surprisingly low on many items in this auction, and in the future prices will be softer on eBay - all because Joe won't be bidding.

Thanks (thumbs u