• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buying poor condition's comics

21 posts in this topic

Well, i want to read all the comics i can, but the comics here in Mexico are not cheap.

Thats why i have the idea on put a message on the paper o the webpage of Editorial Vid, asking for comics in poor or good conditions, and buying for a very low percent of their original value.

I know that if i put the message i will have mom's in my door thanking me for acept the "trash" of his son.

But some people maybe will try to take advantage of me and want a lott of money. I was thinking on .50 dollar cents for normal comics and 1 dollar for trade paperbacks.

Maybe you can give me a good percent for buying poor conditions comics (only for my own collection, not for sale) tongue.gif

hehe, i've seen ebay a lot this month. But i cant find those comics confused.gif .

Maybe i need to look more. The problem is i wanted a percent because i wanted to buy comics in spanish. But if you say that i can find at 9.99 i will take a look.

The problems that i have with ebay are 3.

1) Im not 18 years old

2) I dont know how it works, a dont know the bid thing.

3) The shipping rates, but if you say that i can find 50 comics at 10 dollar, i need a calculator to see what works better, find them on ebay or in my city

Oh, I guess I don't know where you can pick up comics written in Spanish. If you figure out 50 comics at 9.99, plus let's say AT MAXIMUM 10 dollars shipping. That comes to 40 cents a book shipped. Even though you're not 18 you can still sign up at eBay for an account..it'll only become a problem if you bid on something and then don't pay. Here's one that starts at 5.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=736885865

Brian

Check out this thread eBay advice thread

The problem is i wanted a percent because i wanted to buy comics in spanish.

I can't really help you on that one because I cannot write/speak Spanish, I like to read comics, and therefore I do not have the desire to look for comics written in that language. I'm sure that if you look around enough, you can find some comics in Spainish.

The problems that i have with ebay are 3. 1.) Im not 18 years old 2.) I dont know how it works, a dont know the bid thing. 3.) The shipping rates, but if you say that i can find 50 comics at 10 dollar, i need a calculator to see what works better, find them on ebay or in my city.

Don't bid, until you KNOW how it works, and ALWAYS figure the shipping rates into the TOTAL cost. Make sure that the seller accepts money from international buyers (many don't), I suggest paying sellers through a service such as PayPal.

im in Mexico, so i can find comics in spanish really easy tongue.gif

Thanks for the help, i've senn those comics lot on ebay.

Im contacting with another mexican collector in a mexican anime forum that is giving me some idea of how to pay for comics in "bad" conditions here in mexico, based on the cover price. but i was going with the experts cool.gif to see what they think. I guess the .50 cents idea is a really crapy for the way you and here in mexico respond to that

almost all the comics that i have are from superman. I like a lot the work of Dan Jurgens, i want to buy the day of doom series. smile.gif

Sorry, but my mom told me not to give my adress on internet grin.gif

Hey Escamilla_R,

Do you have a friend that works at a business somewhere near where you live? That way, you could private message this business address to Murph0 and he could send the free comics to the business address. Your friend could hold them there for you and you could just walk there and pick them up. That way, you wouldn't have to give out your home address on the internet and your mom wouldn't get mad.

I'm just thinking out loud and trying to help.

smile.gif

haha, i dont have any problem giving my adress on internet, i order books on submarino.com.mx or cds on mixup.com.mx .

I was not sure to give the adress to someone that i knew on a board. But i see that you are really nice people. murph i send you my adress rigth now