• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Warlord

3 posts in this topic

I've begun collecting The Warlord run, and have about half the issues. I have a good chunk of the middle of the run. What I was wondering was not so much about collecting it, but reading. Would it be best read from beginning to end, or is it something that I could read peice-meal?

I read the first annual, and loved it. I thought the story was very nicely told, and carried the comic, although I do like Grell's art as well.

Just wondering if I should wait until I have the whole run to begin reading, or is it not a continuous story? Thanks to anyone who responds.

You probably don't have to read them in order... there are no big WTF revelations that would be spoiled by getting to them too soon. Most of the stories are done-in-ones, and it might in fact be fun to read some of the middle period stories first, and then go back and read the earlier issues for the first appearance of Mariah, or Deimos, for instance.

Caveat-- I dropped the book shortly after Grell stopped doing the art, so I really don't have an opinion about anything that happened after #50 or so...