• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the first few issues where you bought multiple copies?

98 posts in this topic

I was buying copies of Howard the Duck #1 for 25 cents each at the drugstore and selling them for $10 the next day. :cloud9:

If you would have saved em till that awesome movie came out you could have made even more :baiting:

Kamandi #5 for me. Don't ask why.....I musta had some extra $$$ when that issue was out and decided to buy a few (shrug)

A few years later I bought multiples of Marvel Fanfare #1 and #2 which didn't do so good, but also around that time I nabbed about 25 copies of G.I. Joe #1 and #2. The #2 turned out to be a bit rare cuz of lower print run or something and I ended up trading 25 copies for a Barks litho.....Return to Morgans Island :acclaim:

Morgans.jpg

bought a case each of Magnus Robot Fighter #1 and Harbinger #1 when they first came out from Valiant. Made an absolute mint on them during the craze.

Why would anybody buy a case of Harbinger #1, a totally new, untested property from a new, untested company....?

At like 14 years old I bought about 30 copies of Dazzler #1 because she was going to be the next person to join the X-men. Oh well.

You're doing alright then Moonlite. It was so hyped by Marvel that I gave in to the publicity and ordered 1,000. I still have most of the short case and three unopened somewhere in my parents' attic.

Kamandi #5 for me. Don't ask why.....I musta had some extra $$$ when that issue was out and decided to buy a few (shrug)

A few years later I bought multiples of Marvel Fanfare #1 and #2 which didn't do so good, but also around that time I nabbed about 25 copies of G.I. Joe #1 and #2. The #2 turned out to be a bit rare cuz of lower print run or something and I ended up trading 25 copies for a Barks litho.....Return to Morgans Island :acclaim:

Morgans.jpg

very very nice!

...and for me, it was Alpha Flight #1...

When I was a kid, if I ended up with multiple copies from trading with friends, I would cut them up for a Marvel Comics Scrapbook I made. doh!

I still have that scrapbook. The cover of Captain America #100, many silver age panels, etc.

When choosing things like comic covers for my scrapbook, I would pick the nicest looking one for the scrapbook!!!

Hey, I was a kid in a small town; no comic shops, not many kids I knew collected and read comics with the passion I had, nothing to clue me in that these things could be of value someday.

First comic I bought multiples of was Incredible Hulk 181 when I was 12 ( have 1 left )

from there:

Xmen 94 ( 1 left )

Giant size Xmen 1 ( none left )

Daredevil 158 ( 1 left )

Miller DD's ( doubles of some )

Dazzler ( ugh bought 10 copies, I still have 4 )

Miller Wolvrine mini series ( 2 sets left )

Byrne FF run ( doubles of all 3-4 of some )

and many many others

Now I only ever buy one copy.

Creeper #1 (1st DC Ditko if I'm not mistaken)... doh!

And of course

Superman 75

Spiderman 36 V2

Spiderman 1 whatever that issue was with the gold silver green etc etc covers

Spiderman the Movie #1

Unfortunately lacked the foresight to buy multiples of early SA back in the day... :frustrated:

nice bunch of books

I think Showcase 75 was the first Ditko Creeper :hi:

WEBHEAD

Peter Parker #1

Howard The Duck #1

Nova #1

Sherlock Holmes #1 (ouch!)

10 copies each

I was 13 or so at that time

I was buying copies of Howard the Duck #1 for 25 cents each at the drugstore and selling them for $10 the next day. :cloud9:

Also bought 20 copies of PP#1. They are all gone so I must have done Ok with them.

If that's the case where the heck is my HTD #1 9.8?!?!?

So does anyone know if any major pedigree collection ever discovered had more than one copy of certain (pre-1970) issues?

Did Edgar Church ever buy more than one copy of any of his books?

Anyone in collecting history ever buy (off the news stand) more than one copy of major golden keys like Action 1, Supes 1, TEC 27, Bats 1, etc.

Or silver keys like ASM 1 or FF 1 ?

bought a case each of Magnus Robot Fighter #1 and Harbinger #1 when they first came out from Valiant. Made an absolute mint on them during the craze.

That was a wild time! I was trading those for high grade SA books, could not believe the money I was making. Kept shaking my head in disbelief.

I did the same thing with the few dupes I had. :cloud9:

So does anyone know if any major pedigree collection ever discovered had more than one copy of certain (pre-1970) issues?

Did Edgar Church ever buy more than one copy of any of his books?

Anyone in collecting history ever buy (off the news stand) more than one copy of major golden keys like Action 1, Supes 1, TEC 27, Bats 1, etc.

Or silver keys like ASM 1 or FF 1 ?

I think there are a number of pedigrees where multiple copies were purchased.

I believe the Western Penn had multiple copies of certain issues including #1's.

Definitely Boston, Green River, and Circle 8 .