• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Local Show Finds

1 post in this topic

Well I attended a local comic show this past sunday. I did not think that it would be well attended it being the same sunday as the super bowl and all. Well it turned out to be not that bad. I was able to fill a few holes in a valiant collection for .25 each and was also able to pick up 2 copies of the pink deathmate preview for .25 each. That was really the highlight of the show for me...The only sad part was that the guy that had all of the valiants that I had to look through was unable to get the rest of his books in the van to bring them to the show...the "rest" was books higher than the letter "M" which in the valiant universe is quite a few of the titles. Oh well still got some books I need at a good price. also picked up some books for a my girlfriend to read...she said that she would not mind reading a few comics so i thought that i would grab her a couple...got her a curse of spawn, avengers, a couple of FF's and I think a couple of other books all for a quarter. also this guy had all his .25 books in order and they were all nice and neat...everyone else was offering 1.00 books and they were just long boxes full of random books . and the boxes were on the floor. I hate sitting on the floor at show slooking for books...esp this show where traffic was ehavy for a small room. Also I thought that I might ask a little advice about some books....I am interested in getting the galactus trilogy and I was wondering how much each book goes for in decent shape...I guess I could go and get a price guide and a grading guide but those a re really the only books like that I want to collect..as I mainly just am collecting a complete valiant set right now. and those books can be had for very little and in decent shape where as the FF 48-50 are very expensive in very good shape and not that bad in horrible shape...though I was surprised by a recent auction that had all three in rough shape that closed somewhere near 100. anyway any thoughts on those books would be welcome...I guess I have rambled enough, but that was the first show I had been to in a long time and was quite pleased with the results.

also....I hope that valiantman gets his website up and running soon...