• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #42 from lot on feebay

14 posts in this topic

3.0 Possible 3.5 In hand. IMHO Tape drives me crazy. Why somebody would put tape at that location is a question that will never be answered.

The tape here looks like an accident. I'd say 3.5 minimum...possible 4.0...nice looking copy in spite of the annoying tape...

if you got this graded with the tape what label would it get? blue? or green?

I'm pretty positive it would get a Blue...the tape isn't doing anything, more an aspect of wear (mistake) than attempted resto... 2c

Yes, the way it hangs over the edge of the cover makes it pretty clear it's an accident (or the most unbelievably bad job at trying to reattach a chip the world has ever seen.) :baiting:

I have an unrestored CGC 3.5 Amazing Spider-Man #10 that has the similar tape issue. However, without the tape mine would grade at least a 5.0. As I recall my book was graded during one of the strictest of grading standards by CGC.