• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MASSIVE LISTING of DC war books (all CGC graded)

402 posts in this topic

Kag, that is just a great price on that book.... if I didn't already have a nice copy, I'da snagged it in a second. What a great cover.

Shep

Agreed. (thumbs u A no-brainer, really.

...and thanks. :)

Andy

If you have a copy of the book this art comes from, let me know. You skipped it in your GIC run.

http://cafurl.com?i=14125

hm My notes say that I have a CGC 8.0 of that book, I'll have to double check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andy

These books will be available until Friday of this week. Thanks again for all of the interest! :applause:

Andy

Andy, perhaps you need to offer a discount for a sell-through. :slapfight:

Oh god, don't tell him that.

Cr@p, looked at this thread again. :frustrated::luhv:

If you have a copy of the book this art comes from, let me know. You skipped it in your GIC run.

http://cafurl.com?i=14125

hm My notes say that I have a CGC 8.0 of that book, I'll have to double check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Andy

Thanks for looking, Pablo. (thumbs u :applause:

These books will be available until Friday of this week. Thanks again for all of the interest! :applause:

Andy

Simple matter of pricing the books correctly. (thumbs u

I'm open to offers if anyone is listening, however at this point, I'm still fine with hanging onto many of these.

I'm actually sad to see mid-grade books like SSWS #4 CGC 6.0 go. :cry: Man, I loved that book.

Looking back at the sale, though, I think I did very well. I offered nice, quality material that doesn't come up too often. Mick mentioned that outside of auction, you rarely see this much DC war, and that is very true. Only since the last couple of years, have we really begun to see a larger quantity of nicer DC war become available. Higher prices brings out more collections. More books to spread amongst the growing crowd that collects this great niche field.

DC war, I've got to say that I truly love it. :cloud9:

Andy

Andy

I'm open to offers if anyone is listening, however at this point, I'm still fine with hanging onto many of these.

I'm actually sad to see mid-grade books like SSWS #4 CGC 6.0 go. :cry: Man, I loved that book.

Looking back at the sale, though, I think I did very well. I offered nice, quality material that doesn't come up too often. Mick mentioned that outside of auction, you rarely see this much DC war, and that is very true. Only since the last couple of years, have we really begun to see a larger quantity of nicer DC war become available. Higher prices brings out more collections. More books to spread amongst the growing crowd that collects this great niche field.

Andy

Well said, Andy. And correct on the change in availability of DC war books... we seem to be in 'golden age' of collecting older war books.

When I started back in on DC war ten years ago, it was REALLY hard to find anything before 1965, and harder still to find anything prior to 1975 in grade. Finding a truly high grade on ebay was a real treat. And the really early books, from the 1952-55 period... forget it. Even beaters and VGs were scarce.

Now, with all the avenues open to collectors, and with the interest in DC war that seems to grow month by month, more and more books of all grades are coming onto the market. Whether you like beaters for low bucks, mid grade books, or slabbed ultra high grade books, there is something for everyone out there these days.

It's great to see... and for me, the hobby has never been more enjoyable!

Shep

The following books have all sold:

G. I. Combat #111 CGC 9.0 OW was $300 asking $195

G. I. Combat #113 CGC 9.0 OW was $300 asking $210 Not sure why this is a 9.0. Gorgeous.

G. I. Combat #122 CGC 9.0 OW was $200 asking $125

G. I. Combat #124 CGC 8.5 OW was $170 asking $100

G. I. Combat #127 CGC 9.2 OW was $200 asking $175

G. I. Combat #129 CGC 8.5 OW/W was $150 asking $75

G. I. Combat #130 CGC 9.2 W was $200 asking $170

OAAW 124 CGC 9.0 CR/OW was $275 asking $250 Cool washtone cover.

Andy

Andy

You have done very well indeed. I'm amazed at the number of books you have sold. Your sparkling clean reputation, fair prices and massive selection made this thread difficult to ignore.

I'm not much of a war collector but I do enjoy reading them and love the classic covers.

Hi Andy,

Great thread. I did not see these until today.

All-American Men of War #18 CGC Restored (small amount of color touch on cover) 8.0 OW was $140 asking $65 1st Kubert cover!

OAAW 127 CGC 6.5 OW/W was $80 asking $55

Star Spangled War Stories #148 CGC 7.0 OW/W was $42 asking $25

Our Fighting Forces #78 CGC 6.5 OW was $60 asking $35

Our Fighting Forces #85 CGC 6.5 OW/W was $55 asking $35

Our Fighting Forces #101 CGC 6.0 CR/OW was $30 asking $15

:takeit:

If they are still available.

Thanks,

Armin