• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie question about pencils for digital art

2 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have a question about the original pencils for digital art. There is a cover that I am interested in, that had pencils done for it, then was finished digitally (by Marko Djurdjevic).

I have read a number of posts about the "future" of original comic art with so much being done digitally, but where does this leave these preliminary pencils (in terms of value and collectibility).

I really like the piece(s) that I am looking at, just not sure if I am throwing away alot of cash.

thanks in advance for any input

Randy

Marko has been Marvels 'go to' guy for covers over the past few years. If this cover was finished digitally, then this is the only one you're going to get your hands on. This is as close as finished as is available.

Personally, I think that the 'go to' cover artists of the past 5 years are all overpriced, and you can get a decent 80's cover for the same $. But if you love these recent covers, and that is the going rate, that's the going rate. If we could predict that Marko's art (or Bianchi or...) were going to skyrocket further, we would likely be snatching it up for the flip down the road.

Though, in all likelihood the prices will go up in the future. If you concern is with breaking even on a quick flip in the event that you've put yourself in a bad financial circumstance with this purchase, I would lean towards the chance that you lose money.