• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #45

21 posts in this topic

Really, a 7.5 with the BC the way it is? It looks way to severe for a 7.5 IMHO. Am I missing something grade wise on this book? The spine has a few minor ticks. The BC LLC shows that one big crease. Plus a smaller one. The main crease looks like it may go into the book a few pages. Corners a a tad soft. But the FC does present well. I am not a pressing expert. But it does look like pressing this book would help the grade out quite a bit.

- No white line coming down from price box on the book. This is a scanner line. The back LLC fold is very soft in terms of the crease, not bent hard, but very glaring and obvious in the scan. It only affects the BC, no pages were bent...overall this fold looks worse in my scan then in person..maybe a couple dictionaries for a couple weeks will help that a little...but it obviously does bring down the grade considerably as described in these posts. Spine ticks I see now with a zoom of the scan. When looking at book in hand, did not see these at all...colors on FC distract the eye without the zoom and it is easy to miss these details without enlargement..but thanks for this catch..these details are moving it back over the 'not worth cost of grading' line for me. I appreciate all the expert opinions here.

Thanks for answering some of the questions and observations I had mentioned. This is still a pretty nice book for anyone's collection. (thumbs u If you are OK about getting the book professionally pressed. That is what I would do. It will take less time, does a much better job. After a nice pro. pressing. I could see this book in a 7.0 slab. Possibly a 7.5 slab. But the 7.5 seems just a tad to high for this particular book. IMHO

6.5 with the fold.

I had a very similar kind of book; beautiful front cover with a soft back cover fold. It had been graded at 6.5. (It was a copy of Strange Tales 109.) Matt Nelson cracked it out and pressed it. Thereafter, CGC gave it an 8.0.

I don't know about you guys but this is the kind of condition I LOVE. Presents high grade but minimal damage to the back cover brings it down to the affordable mid grade price range. I'd buy this book twice thrice.