• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck & John Beatty Private signing/sketch event - NOW TAKING REQUESTS

333 posts in this topic

I have capped option 3 due to high demand. IF YOU HAVE CONTACTED me about option 3 (aka getting a headsketch) your in, but please PM me about how many you would like.

I am still taking requests for Option 2 (getting you book signed by Mike and/or John)

:takeit: 2x Option 3

Thanks so much for another opportunity!

Congrats to all who got a sketch cover, I got one in the last round and it was gorgeous! :cloud9:

Do you happen to have a scan?

Thanks

Unfortunately I don't, :( sorry, but it was a beauty of a Wolvie head sketch! :cloud9:

The cool thing about Zeck and Beatty, is that the have also been gracious enough to write odd sayings in my foreign books....I think the last one was along the lines of "on the thread of a spiderweb"(In Spanish)..on a Mexican edition that one was...or Spanish, I can't remember but, it looked hella cool...

How are the creators when handling the books, particularly during the sketches? Has anyone submitted a 9.8 and have it come back lower?

As you can see in the picture in the 1st post, all books are prepped in window bags for Mike, once he sigs them they go into a regular bag. Mike doesnt handle the books much at all. HOWEVER Mike does request that some books be removed from the window bags becuase the place he wants to sign is on the edge of the book.

Whats great about a private signing is that its a fully controlled environment,. Books are stacked in front of Mike as he signs them. Risks of damage to the book are greatly reduced. Unlike at a con I am not holding the books waiting in line, there is no risk of someone bumping into you etc.

NOW WITH THIS BEING SAID I STILL CANNOT PROMISE THAT THE GRADE WILL STAY THE SAME.

From my experience there is a small percent that will get a lower grade (usually my own books) and a percentage that will get a bump up in grade (usually NOT my books)

- Dan

well said Dan.

It is definitely safer to get books signed at a private signing than at a convention.

That has been my past experience as well.

Sure it is debatable, but that is my opinion.

I've had great experiences with and been very happy with all the witnesses I've worked with so far (both Nycomics and Par2ch included) and almost everything came back as I'd expected except one case where a 9.8 got downgraded to a 9.6 and a 9.8 got bumped up to a 9.9 (neither one of these was with you guys though :) )

That being said I'm happily sending in my G.I. Joe 53 9.8 to get signed and sketched...I sure hope it comes back a 9.8 :wishluck:, but if it doesn't, I still have a very cool sig and sketch on the cover (thumbs u