• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you hate "CGC Ready" and "CGC It" Spammers Read This!

54 posts in this topic

Hi, this is a pet peeve of mine and for ages I've reported these guys to eBay. Apparently eBay doesn't see this as a violation because I rarely see auctions getting pulled. So, out of frustration, I've decided to try a new approach- instead of reporting them to eBay, I'm going to see how many people I can get to regularly email these bozos with polite, "ebay legal" questions along the lines of "Excuse, but why put CGC in the title of your auction if the book is not CGC graded? That's misleading." If figure if they get a hundred of those a week they might give up out of frustration or take the hint that it's annoying.

This week's candidate?

thehaytruck

If you're interested in helping out pick an auction or two (the point is not for one person to send 100 emails, it's for 100 people to send one- that's a decent little message smile.gif ), BE NICE, ask him why he's putting "cgc" in the title and then inform him that it's misleading/ dishonest. Don't be smart/ mean/ insulting. Beyond the fact that being a jerk might get people in trouble with eBay, sometimes these people don't even realize what they're doing could possibly be annoying, so it can't hurt to be nice. I know it's not a popular tactic around here but "more flies with sugar..."

Feel free to post any funny replies to this thread smile.gif

And I quote, er well close anyway "Get this CGC'd and its better than money in the bank" Comic he'e referencing, WWBN #1 est. grade = VG

What a tool - now that's misleading to say the least.

Here is the asssclown's 3 responses to me:

Subj: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2222062250

Date: 2/2/2004 7:07:43 PM Eastern Standard Time

To: gainesfiles@aol.com

Because it want too?

Date: 2/2/2004 7:12:14 PM Eastern Standard Time

To: gainesfiles@aol.com

Sorry for the inconvenience that it has caused you. However, it is a legitimate description of my products....been in the business grading 35 years, so CGC Ready means that all you have to do is ship it to CGC and they should match my grading! Put it this way, if I sent all my NM comics to CGC I would not be listing it at the low bids that I have. Maybe you should consider bidding on my items instead of complaining on a product that you have no knowledge on.

Sincerely,

Abe

Date: 2/2/2004 7:54:15 PM Eastern Standard Time

To: Gainesfiles@aol.com

Because it's a free country and that's my style.

Abe

I got my first reply and it's a hoot.

My message:

I don't see the CGC label. Is it not in the picture? I have a

"fantastic four cgc" search set up in Ebay that is supposed to

pick up fantastic four issues graded by CGC. Thanks!

His response:

Please type in CGC LABEL if that's what you are looking for. My comics are beautiful CGC ready comics yet to be certified.

I'm going to e-mail him back. I guess from now on you have to put "CGC LABEL" to differentiate! 27_laughing.giftonofbricks.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

My email has been sent... thumbsup2.gif

Is this a CGC book? I do daily searches for CGC Avengers books, and your books came up, but do not appear to be graded by CGC. You do know that keyword spamming is against Ebay rules, right?

--------------------

Question from: drice6900

Title of item: Avengers #52 VF/NM 9.0 CGC ReadyGem

Seller: thehaytruck

Starts: Feb-02-04 07:06:34 PST

Ends: Feb-05-04 07:06:34 PST

Price: Starts at $9.99

Hmmm, methinks he is getting a bit peeved by the inquiries: 27_laughing.gif

This is NOT CGC GRADED. Please read CAREFULLY that the book is CGC READY!!!!!!!!!! It would be the same as you selling a book describing it as follows:

Amazing Spiderman #1 9.0 NM Ready to be CGC Graded!!!!!

Therefore do you consider this spamming too? This is America, freedom of speech and free enterprise is NOT considered Spamming!!!

Thank you

Abe

Yeah,...here is mine...

This is NOT a CGC Graded Comic. It is a CGC ready comic graded by an

experienced grader who has 35 years experience. The next step would be to win

the item and send it to CGC .

Good Luck

Abe

My return question to him...

I don't understand?...What makes it CGC ready?...aren't all comics CGC ready,..I mean all you have to do is pay a fee and mail them in........What would be an example of a comic not CGC ready?

And here's another one to go after...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2222479318

I mentioned to him that it was keyword spamming and he responded...

'i don't think its spamming, some of these comics could be decent grades if

CGCd,

i'm simply offering them to CGC interested customers. just disregard my

stuff if you're

not interested in comics not graded by a corporation'

I have to point out that the punctuation is all his own work. His parents must be proud.

Hey dude,

Why are you picking on this guy. I purchased 2 of his auctions and the books were better than he stated. Who gives a [!@#%^&^] if he says CGC ready? All I care about is the quality of his books.

Looks like you need to get laid dude instead of looking for some stupid hype to talk about.

Chill out dude.

Hey dude,

Why are you picking on this guy. I purchased 2 of his auctions and the books were better than he stated. Who gives a [!@#%^&^] if he says CGC ready? All I care about is the quality of his books.

Looks like you need to get laid dude instead of looking for some stupid hype to talk about.

Chill out dude.

Dude, dude dude dude?