• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you hate "CGC Ready" and "CGC It" Spammers Read This!

54 posts in this topic

If you check my feedback it speaks for itself. If you want to pay 10 times for

a CGC book then go right ahead. My comics are quality books at an affordable

price that can be sent to CGC for a huge profit once graded by them. Please

make sure that you run this by the forum also.

Abe

27_laughing.gif What amazes me is that 'haytruck' has the nerve to explain you can make a huge profit buying one book from him and sending it to CGC ! gossip.gif

Why wouldn't he do that with his comics in the first place 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Probably because he hates profit insane.gif

After reading this forum, I was curious. So I purchased a JIM 121 from him in "CGC Ready" 9.2 for $55. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2222696983

I received an 8.0 at best. Here are the defects on the book:

1) 1/2" bottom right corner crease front cover

2) 1" bottom left corner crease back cover

3) 1 1/2" top left corner crease back cover

4) spine stress and abraded corners

5) foxing on front cover

He's offering me zero refund since "all sales are final". 893naughty-thumb.gif

Brent

After reading this forum, I was curious. So I purchased a JIM 121 from him in "CGC Ready" 9.2 for $55. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2222696983

I received an 8.0 at best. Here are the defects on the book:

1) 1/2" bottom right corner crease front cover

2) 1" bottom left corner crease back cover

3) 1 1/2" top left corner crease back cover

4) spine stress and abraded corners

5) foxing on front cover

He's offering me zero refund since "all sales are final". 893naughty-thumb.gif

Brent

Sound like a neg in the making. That amount of creasing sounds like a VG/FN to me, not that you can tell from his lousy pic. And no refunds? Look, anyone who understands that there can be genuine, honest disagreements regarding the finer points of grading offers refunds. "No refunds" to me always means the seller knows perfectly well that the item will not be satisfactory

I would be hard pressed to grade this an 8.0 based off the scans because I can't determine the ink reflectivity. From what I can see, it appears to be more of a 6.5-7.0. All four corners are visibly rounded, hard crease BRC, extensive spine stress, and some foxing. I really dislike sellers like this "haytruck" because it makes selling on ebay that much more difficult due to increased apprehension. He further aggravates what I perceive as a stressed relationship between buyers and sellers> I would love to see the powers the "Be"-Bay permanently PLONK him in the NARU pile.

Spanning the globe... to give you a constant variety of stupidity... 893frustrated.gif

I think CGC would give it a 7.5, book in hand. It's could garner an 8.0 but it's a stretch. Here is what Abe claims:

> >> > Our professionals on staff do refer to the guide. As per

> >> Overstreet, a

> >> > 9.2 graded copy allows for:

> >> >

> >> > Corners are cut square with ever so blunting permitted

> >> > A 1/16-1/8 bend with no color break

> >> > Slight Foxing

> >> > Very minor accumulation of stress lines

> >> > Paper is off-white to cream and supple

> >> > very minor interior tears

> >> > The comic went shipped was well within these guidelines. We are

> >> sorry but

> >> > our decision stands. 893blahblah.gif

I asked if he could provide me a list of the professionals that he has on staff. Maybe someone's heard of them? 27_laughing.gif

Brent

Yes, and that was exactly my response:

"1/16" is not the same as 1 1/2" is it?"

followed by his response:

"> > No it is not. However, when the book was shipped it did NOT

> have a 1 1/2

> > inch crease. Could it possibly have incurred when you opened

> the package?" foreheadslap.gif

He really seems like a total insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I would leave at least a neutral (if his manner in dealing with you post auction has been irritating and frustrating, a negative may be more applicable). Then if you're up to it I would file a NSS against him to at least let eBay know this "gentleman" is making a habit of keyword spamming as well as delivering misrepresented merchandise. You probably wouldn't have much effect against a big power seller, but against a smaller seller like this guy it may accomplish something. makepoint.gif