• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon, Kansas City, March 27-28

23 posts in this topic

All right everybody, this is the famous Planet Comicon in Overland Park, Kansas.

What....? You say the title says Kansas City? Well, yeah it does, but Overland Park is just right beside KC, so you can spit back and forth into each city.

Media Guests include:

Lou Ferrigno..........The Hulk

Mira Furlan.............Lost, Babylon 5

Tom Kane..............Voice of Yoda -- Star Wars: the Clone Wars

Helen Slater...........Supergirl in the 1984 Supergirl film The Secret of My Success

Jane Wiedlin..........The Go-Go's and other stuff

Comic Creators:

Jason Aaron

Dane Ault

Rick Burchett

Clayton Crain

Steve Daniels

Sam Flegal

Gary Friedrich

Michael Golden

Alex Grecian

Chris Grine

Jeremy Haun

Phil Hester

Dennis Hopeless

Greg Horn

Joe Jusko

Cynthia Martin

Chris Rich-McKelvey

B Clay Moore

Mario Mora

Bill Morrison

Jeff Moy

Phil Moy

Jai Nitz

Ande Parks

Brian Pulido

Don Rosa

Dan Scott

Steve Scott

Chad Spilker

Chris Sprouse

Cat Staggs

Rick Stasi

Herb Trimpe

with more to be announced!

As a rule, this is the only show I make to every year. There was 2006 when I made it out to SDCC, but I don't expect to repeat that........ever

lol

This is always a very fun show and it is still pretty family oriented. I'm always surprised at how many kids are wandering around the show floor.

Need more info? Don't trust me and my shoddy promoting? Check out the website here!

Last year, we all met the Friday night before the show and had dinner. I can't speak for everyone, but I do believe we all had a pretty good time! Plus, it's always a thrill to meet boardies.

Cinzetti's is where we met last year and it was a hit. I'm always open to other places. So if you've got a different idea, by all means, share it!

If you're coming out to the show, let us know here, too! We don't have to eat, it was just fun.

Last year, we all met the Friday night before the show and had dinner. I can't speak for everyone, but I do believe we all had a pretty good time! Plus, it's always a thrill to meet boardies.

Cinzetti's is where we met last year and it was a hit. I'm always open to other places. So if you've got a different idea, by all means, share it!

If you're coming out to the show, let us know here, too! We don't have to eat, it was just fun.

Yes it was a great time (thumbs u

Yes it was a great time (thumbs u

+1 on both the bad weather and the great time. The dinner was small, but I got to meet MedicAR, topnotchman, JonJesper, and BeachBum. I hope you guys can beef up the numbers a bit this year.

If I hadn't have moved, I'd go this year, too. The guest list looks solid!

Hey Everybody,

This will be my first time setting up at this show. I can only bring a small amount of my 50,000 plus inventory, so if there is something in my catalog you want to look at let me know at info@terryscomics.com my catalog is at : http://www.nationwidekomics.com/catalog2010.aspx

As for a forum dinner, if it is at a brewpub, count me in. Terry O.

From a buyer's point of view, I'd bring the Atlas hero and horror stuff, SA Marvel, high profile Magazines and Undergrounds (if there are are such things) and some nice wall books to draw some attention. There is generally one dealer that is exclusively movie posters and the better part of everybody has recent variants.

A good source for a dealer's perspective might be Dale Roberts. I always spend time in his booth!

GUEST UPDATE!

New guests are in bold blue.

Media Guests

Lou Ferrigno..........The Hulk

Mira Furlan.............Lost, Babylon 5

Tom Kane..............Voice of Yoda -- Star Wars: the Clone Wars

Helen Slater...........Supergirl in the 1984 Supergirl film The Secret of My Success

Jane Wiedlin..........The Go-Go's and other stuff

Matthew Wood.......The voice of General Greivous

Comic Creators

Jason Aaron

Dane Ault

Eric Basaldua

Scott Beaderstaedt

Rick Burchett

Talent Caldwell

Tommy Castillo

Trent Coffin

Anna-Maria Cool