• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you consider a fair price for ASM 298-328 9.4/9.6 raw?

2 posts in this topic

I may make a purchase of the McFarlane ASM run and just wondered what you all thought would be a fair price for the run in 9.4/9.6 raw condition? I saw the same run that Showcase New England had went for I think around $290 or so? Too high? A decent deal? I realize the condition of #300 kind of makes or breaks the whole deal - but assume it's a nice 9.4/9.6 'tweener. What would you pay - that is if you were interested in adding this lot to your collection - OR is it still not to late to flip? Late March/Early April timeframe perhaps?

Good question. I spent a great deal of time looking for this exact same deal on Ebay, it pops up quite a bit. I bought five or six of these lots always advertised in Near Mint or so. I believe I paid an average of about $150. I think $175 was the tops and even one or two might have been a $100 Buy It Now. Do not be fooled by the promise of a 9.4 or 9.6 lot. I saved all my #300s, maybe eight or so and sent them all in to get slabbed. They came back all 8.5 - 9.4. They all looked NM to me. Of course the other issues always varied with ranges between 8.0 and 9.6 but I got very few other issues issues slabbed. A great lot. Just don't expect a 9.6 #300. You can pick up NM raw copies of #301-328 all the time. If you need any specific issues in this lot or any 200 and above then let me know as I have many of each, esapecially of these McFarlane issues but I cannot guarantee a CGC grade. Nobody can. -----Sid