• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC announces Brightest Day then Marvel...

46 posts in this topic

:eyeroll: Really need a *yawn* smiley.

Laugh now, but cry much later....

You see when speculators get together

You just can't fade us....

:insane:

Have you ''speculators'' thought about Miracleman #1? :whistle:

I've got 2 copies. :headbang:

I can't wait to cash in. :headbang:

:roflmao:
:roflmao: indeed

Seriously???

You guys are laughing at me....All this time I've been buying up the nicest copies of MM#1 I could find. I spent almost $10 to date. :(

Seriously???

You guys are laughing at me....All this time I've been buying up the nicest copies of MM#1 I could find. I spent almost $10 to date. :(

I'm not laughing at you for buying MM #1 (Me and my brother have MM #1 in NM-MT as well)

I'm laughing b/c its taken so long for the "speculators" to finally realize the value of the MM books.

They'll go in the boxes right next to the boxes of McSpidey #1's and X-Force #1's (Cable card). :headbang:

lol

You mug! Everybody knows it's the Deadpool one that's worth the big $$$! :makepoint:

Missed this one the first time around...everyone knows the Deadpool Card is the best one. I didn't want to show my hand right off. Now, you've forced me to. I've got even more of those. PM me so we can work out a deal....Middenhall books for Xforce #1's (Deadpool Card); I'll even throw in some "Cable Card" copies to sweeten the pot (I'm always down to hook a brutha up).

I just can't see spending $4 for a new comic that becomes worthless when I step out of the store.

I would rather spend that $4 on a low demand VG Silver Age book from Ebay.

I've gotten an awful lot of SA Thor/Nick Fury/Daredevil/TTA/TOS/ST/Avengers in passable shape for about $4 each.

They probably won't go up much in value, but I'm pretty likely to be able to get my money back out of them minus fees if I ever want to sell them.

The only newer comics I have bought recently are trades, and most of those I've gotten second hand at a large discount.

Unless the price drops from $3.99 I will never read any of them.

It also could mark a major shift in comic book storytelling, which took a turn to grittier stories after the success of DC's The Dark Knight Returns and Marvel's more adult take on Daredevilin the 1980s.

Uh huh. Right. Like Final Crisis was supposed to usher in a less grim DC Universe....

I just can't see spending $4 for a new comic that becomes worthless when I step out of the store.

I would rather spend that $4 on a low demand VG Silver Age book from Ebay.

I've gotten an awful lot of SA Thor/Nick Fury/Daredevil/TTA/TOS/ST/Avengers in passable shape for about $4 each.

They probably won't go up much in value, but I'm pretty likely to be able to get my money back out of them minus fees if I ever want to sell them.

The only newer comics I have bought recently are trades, and most of those I've gotten second hand at a large discount.

Unless the price drops from $3.99 I will never read any of them.

OK, I'm not the biggest fan of moderns, but have to say that it's not because of their 'worth' post-purchase.

Since when did this become the over-riding factor when purchasing comic books? (shrug)

Do you get $4 worth of enjoyment out of a modern comic book?

When I started collecting comics 25 years ago or so, they cost 65 cents.

If you were to adjust that for inflation, a comic should cost about $1.50 today.

The extra $2.50 they are charging makes new comics a terrible deal compared to buying older books.

OK, I'm not the biggest fan of moderns, but have to say that it's not because of their 'worth' post-purchase.

Since when did this become the over-riding factor when purchasing comic books? (shrug)

Seriously???

I'm not laughing at you for buying MM #1 (Me and my brother have MM #1 in NM-MT as well)

I'm laughing b/c its taken so long for the "speculators" to finally realize the value of the MM books.

And I think those guys are laughing because there are tons of high-grade MM # 1s out there, and are not a good investment.

My God he's gotten fat...

quesadax-mug-shot.jpgblob-xmen.jpg

hm

lol

maybe he'll be in the Wolvie sequel...

I just wish Marvel would be consistant, They just pent a few months relaaunching titles at higher issue numbers such as Hulk 600 and X-factor 200 yet now they do a 4th vol of Avengers starting at 1 again doh!

I really do not believe they know what they are doing :kidaround:

My God he's gotten fat...

quesadax-mug-shot.jpgblob-xmen.jpg

hm

lol

maybe he'll be in the Wolvie sequel...

I just wish Marvel would be consistant, They just pent a few months relaaunching titles at higher issue numbers such as Hulk 600 and X-factor 200 yet now they do a 4th vol of Avengers starting at 1 again doh!

I really do not believe they know what they are doing :kidaround:

They know what they're doing. Anything for the sales bump.

So now it's back to #1. for 90 or issues until it's time for the ultra-special, uber important x00 anniversary issue, where X= the actual number they'd be at if they'd never stopped publishing them in order.

Oh and then a reboot for another #1 rush.