• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC announces Brightest Day then Marvel...

46 posts in this topic

I just can't see spending $4 for a new comic that becomes worthless when I step out of the store.

I would rather spend that $4 on a low demand VG Silver Age book from Ebay.

I've gotten an awful lot of SA Thor/Nick Fury/Daredevil/TTA/TOS/ST/Avengers in passable shape for about $4 each.

They probably won't go up much in value, but I'm pretty likely to be able to get my money back out of them minus fees if I ever want to sell them.

The only newer comics I have bought recently are trades, and most of those I've gotten second hand at a large discount.

Unless the price drops from $3.99 I will never read any of them.

OK, I'm not the biggest fan of moderns, but have to say that it's not because of their 'worth' post-purchase.

Since when did this become the over-riding factor when purchasing comic books? (shrug)

It became an issue when one realized that 12 minutes of entertainment was not worth

3.99 and that the comic had a trade/resale value that is a fraction of the cover price.

I also cannot be the only one who has no wish to be surrounded by 1000s of comic

books for the rest of my life that is sub par material. It would be nice to be able to trade

or sell them for new material without taking such a huge loss. Heck, getting back about

2 bucks each would be awesome for trade on back issues only. Naturally no comic

store would do this as their back issue inventory would turn into almost all unpopular

stuff over time.

But lets assume one does not have an interest in selling it at all. 3.99 is not worth it

to many in exchange for 12 minutes of entertainment. Most stories are hardly worth

reading twice. I feel ripped off to be blunt. Buyers remorse can only happen so many

times before you just stop buying so many titles.

Bring back comics for less then 2 bucks each and perhaps I will once again start

experimenting again. At least 10 dollars would get me 5 issues which is on par with

the costs of watching a new movie and entertainment time garnered. I have no wish to

always get glossy paper with amazing colors. Cheapen it for goodness sakes.

It became an issue when one realized that 12 minutes of entertainment was not worth 3.99 and that the comic had a trade/resale value that is a fraction of the cover price.

I also cannot be the only one who has no wish to be surrounded by 1000s of comic

books for the rest of my life that is sub par material...

I time out at about 8 minutes on most moderns, but maybe I don't pay enough attention to the imagery sometimes. lol

Good point about being surrounded by tons of boxes. Once they are read and filed, all I can think of is how to get rid of them without taking a total loss. :cry:

It became an issue when one realized that 12 minutes of entertainment was not worth 3.99 and that the comic had a trade/resale value that is a fraction of the cover price.

books for the rest of my life that is sub par material...

I time out at about 8 minutes on most moderns, but maybe I don't pay enough attention to the imagery sometimes. lol

Good point about being surrounded by tons of boxes. Once they are read and filed, all I can think of is how to get rid of them without taking a total loss. :cry:

Ahh, the eternal debate...

Seriously???

You guys are laughing at me....All this time I've been buying up the nicest copies of MM#1 I could find. I spent almost $10 to date. :(

I'm not laughing at you for buying MM #1 (Me and my brother have MM #1 in NM-MT as well)

I'm laughing b/c its taken so long for the "speculators" to finally realize the value of the MM books.

And I think those guys are laughing because there are tons of high-grade MM # 1s out there, and are not a good investment.

:cry: