• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Carbonaro's New York Comic Book Marketplace

84 posts in this topic

3319,Thanks for the offer but im looking for Marvel 70th,SI cover stuck is tricky and i intend to do black and white only on these.

Dr.W,yeah,i just came in for a bit,dropped of some books and said hello and then went home.

The show itself wasnt dynamic enough,pretty much looked like someone threw it together on a whim.

I pulled a couple of sketches, but you're just going to have to wait for the slab pics. :taptaptap:

BTW Huge thanks to mrmylar (Mike) for helping me out at the show.

Great seeing you again Chris. It was busy but still a lot of fun. :)

And Glen...to put your mind at ease...Bill Sienkiewicz did a DD SKETCH....and I mean a 5 min SKETCH for a guy on a blank cover for $300....and we were ...um...really?

Are you sure about that? I saw him doing drawings for various prices. He would ask the buyer what they wanted to pay ... it ranged from $50 to $500 (or maybe more). Obviously he put in an amount of time commensurate to the price, which seemed pretty darn reasonable to me. I definitely saw him doing stuff for much less than $300. All of the prices were included in the sketch list.

I've got a Flash fighting Mirror Master coming from him in about a month, I'm so psyched!

Can't wait to see his take on that! :D

3319,Thanks for the offer but im looking for Marvel 70th,SI cover stuck is tricky and i intend to do black and white only on these.

Dr.W,yeah,i just came in for a bit,dropped of some books and said hello and then went home.

The show itself wasnt dynamic enough,pretty much looked like someone threw it together on a whim.

Shortstack comics was selling those 70th ones in his thread for like $5 apiece might want to shoot him a pm