• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day 2/3/04

25 posts in this topic

Well, sckao on this board is the real expert on Green River (do a search for Green River and read his posts), but from my understanding, when submitting a book that you believe is a pedigree, you include a letter or statement to that effect with the submission. I haven't done it yet, but I plan on providing documentation showing who I bought it from (in this case one of the original buyers of the collection). That, along with the condition, and the general characteristics of the the book, hopefully, will allow CGC to make a determination. Since most of them do have the stamp, ...that is helpful in determining the pedigree.

On the submission form you send into CGC, there is a space for providing additional info.

BTW, I happen to know your TOS #46 Green River CGC 7.0 is a phoney, and will be happy to take it off your hands anytime. devil.gif Oh, and one more thing, with the Green Rivers, the pages are generally quite white. All these things add up to a determination.

It helps if you bought it from a well-established dealer and he provided or provides you with a letter or a certificate stating that the book is from X pedigree. Just include that along with your submission, CGC are good about returning those materials with the slabbed books.

My experience is also that CGC are good about giving you the benefit of the doubt, meaning that when they weren't sure if a book was from the pedigree claimed, they called me and asked some questions and then followed up with the "expert" on the pedigree to verify authenticity. They didn't just reject the pedigree claim out of hand because the paper trail was not strong.