• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book of the Day 2/3/04

25 posts in this topic

Which one of these Howlers deserts under fire and why?

I'm guessing it's Pvt. Percival Pinkerton because he looks kinda like Clark Kent (If Clark wore a red beret and had a pencil thin moustache). I think he's going to desert and try to get a job at DC Comics.

I thought it might be fun to show my copy of the same book, it's the Green River copy. It's one of the small percentage of books from that pedigree that do not have a date stamp. It has white pages, and oddly enough, a very similar wrap to the Western Penn copy shown above.

I'm pretty sure that when I eventually slab this it won't get a 9.6.....I'm thinking that with the spine stress apparent, and a water spot near Dum Dum's hat, it might get a 9.0. It's also got a flattened corner crease running through the Y in the masthead. Still, it's a pretty fresh looking book. Also, tth2's scan is a little off color balance.....I think in real life his looks whiter than the scan. You can tell by seeing if the white of the cgc label is off a bit and it is.

So there you have two pedigree copies of the same book within a half dozen posts of each other. I think that's cool.

sftfury12.jpg

I dunno RED, yours is still a darn solid copy.

nothing to sneeze at...AHHH.AHHHHH

AAACHHOO.. aww crud, I made a mess of your #12.. sorry REDHOOK

And that 9.6 above.. well as posted above.. Ditto.. Wah...HOOOOOOOO.

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

SPOILER BELOW!

I thought it might be fun to show my copy of the same book, it's the Green River copy. It's one of the small percentage of books from that pedigree that do not have a date stamp.

Hey RED, I was wondering how , other then a certificate saying it is a green river book.

Can you prove it is?

I was worried about that when I was wanting to send in a Greeny I have to CGC, I also have a TOS #46 Green River CGC 7.0 blue lable.

And was wondering how they knew it was real or not , or could prove/disprove it at CGC?

I know alot of Pedigrees have certain tradmarks, but aside from a stamp, how can we be sure they are the real deal?

just curious o wise one. please learn me

Thanks.

Zeman