• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to grade and or price coverless or books with recreated covers

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was wondering how people price and or grade coverless books? And what about original books with recreated covers (not xerox copies but professionally done recreations)

I bought some recently to have as my reading / displaying copies and wanted to get the groups opinion.

Thanks,

B

I really enjoy coverless books :cloud9: and I think one of the main reasons is "grade" becomes irrelevant. At that point it's probably easier to describe the book on a simple word-scale from "as published" to "poor", missing the cover (or sporting a recreation). Page toning is important (due to increased exposure), and how beat up or still nice it is. Other than that... (shrug)

I think CGC gives NG (no grade), but I could be wrong.

I really enjoy coverless books :cloud9: and I think one of the main reasons is "grade" becomes irrelevant. At that point it's probably easier to describe the book on a simple word-scale from "as published" to "poor", missing the cover (or sporting a recreation). Page toning is important (due to increased exposure), and how beat up or still nice it is. Other than that... (shrug)

Thanks, yeah they were not cheap but much cheaper than the ones with covers!! :preach:

Thanks, yeah they were not cheap but much cheaper than the ones with covers!! :preach:

Check out what this guy did with his coverless books...

The Doctor Strange Custom Covers Project

:applause::applause: I love that focused creativity and fun with comic books. Cool-factor+++

:cloud9: