• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Galactus Trilogy Price

5 posts in this topic

I was wondering what a fair price of these three books would be. I was offered a FF 49 this weekend for $50 but turned it down because I really have no idea about what I should be paying. I know that I could get grading guide and a price guide and watch ebay and stuff but I thought that I could also ask the "all knowing" forumites. Also these are really the only older books I am looking for I mainly collect valiants and getting a good deal on those is no problem. I do not need NM or anything. I am more than happy to live in the 6.5-7.5 range.. I think...those books could still have decent eye appeal right? I really just want the three books to look good when you look at them and maybe a set to read. so any advice. I have seen a few copies of each go on ebay but am frighten off of buying books like these off of ebay since the grade influences the price so much. thanks for any help

Books between FN 6.0 and VF 8.0 can offer great eye appeal and are a relative bargain when compared to high grade examples.

If you're concerned about buying these books off of ebay, try to buy CGC Graded copies from reputable sellers. Things can go wrong in any eBay transaction, but, with that combination your odds are as good as they're going to get.

You could probably get a FN 6.0 range set for $300-400. A VF 8.0/ VF- 7.5 range set would set you back something like $7-900.

Thanks for the information...at least I have an idea about where to start as far as pricing goes. Also are there any reprints or anything or that nature that I should be on the look out for...I think that I will probably pick up a cgc set just to be sure. Maybe I should have picked up that copy for $50 it did not look that bad. No pieces missing and just a few color breaking creases on the cover but they were pretty major ones maybe 3/4" long and on the bottom edge...other than that it was a good looking copy I just had no idea and really did not have the cash since I went to the show to pick up valiant fillers. thanks again... this my favorite forum right now....at least until valiantcomics.com gets back up

As for the reprint information, I don't believe that there are any specific reprints that are close to similarity to the originals.

Of course, there are reprints of the actual stories themselves, at $50, a set, even with creases, but complete, is a good price. If you save the money though, it might be nice to own them all in a nice Fine or VG/F with good eye appeal. personally, save the money if the trilogy is something that is important to you for your collection and buy something that you can enjoy and be proud of.