• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN #1 club
27 27

3,536 posts in this topic

Yours ain't so bad either.

That's exactly what I was thinking. lol

Thanks guys and I have SEVERAL improvements coming - as soon as my friend CIMM who has all the tech skills can update!

I've got my 7.0 hulk coming in, my 8.5 SC22 coming in to replace the existing.....and 1,2,3 MORE books hitting the sig!

Yours ain't so bad either.

That's exactly what I was thinking. lol

Thanks guys and I have SEVERAL improvements coming - as soon as my friend CIMM who has all the tech skills can update!

I've got my 7.0 hulk coming in, my 8.5 SC22 coming in to replace the existing.....and 1,2,3 MORE books hitting the sig!

Few more big boys. :headbang:

Front cover to back how many pages should a X-Men #1 copy be?

Thanks(sorry for the newb question I tried googling)

I don't have an unslabbed #1 to flip though, but a silver-age 12-cent Marvel of that era has 16 double sided pages, not counting the cover. To count for completeness, you should count 8 pages from the splash page to the centerfold (where you see the staples). You could continue and count 8 pages from the centerfold to the back page but it's not really necessary.

Edited by CycleGirl

I don't have an unslabbed #1 to flip though, but a silver-age 12-cent Marvel of that era has 16 double sided pages, not counting the cover. To count for completeness, you should count 8 pages from the splash page to the centerfold (where you see the staples). You could continue and count 8 pages from the centerfold to the back page but it's not really necessary.

There are 36 pages to X-Men 1 which include stories and ads. I just counted; I have an unslabbed copy. There are 23 pages of the story and thirteen pages of ads including a full-page in-house ad for Spidey #4.

Edited by Stevenrams

Actually I'm a new member of the club. Just bought the issue from a boardie. He alreadry posted the book. The book is a CGC 3.5 with OW/W pages. I cracked it out of the slab which I almost never do regardless of grade, but there are enough X-Men 1s to go around so I know I'll upgrade one day. Until then this will be my reader copy. I haven't read it yet; too much NBA playoffs and Stanley Cup playoffs in the evening so I don't have time to read comics now. BesidesI'm reading "Gone With the Wind" and I only have 600 more page to read. JUst started it a few days ago and I can't put it down. One of those booksI never got to just like X-Men 1.

Actually I'm a new member of the club. Just bought the issue from a boardie. He alreadry posted the book. The book is a CGC 3.5 with OW/W pages. I cracked it out of the slab which I almost never do regardless of grade, but there are enough X-Men 1s to go around so I know I'll upgrade one day. Until then this will be my reader copy. I haven't read it yet; too much NBA playoffs and Stanley Cup playoffs in the evening so I don't have time to read comics now. BesidesI'm reading "Gone With the Wind" and I only have 600 more page to read. JUst started it a few days ago and I can't put it down. One of those booksI never got to just like X-Men 1.

X-Men135.png

there you go Steve

There are 36 pages to X-Men 1 which include stories and ads. I just counted; I have an unslabbed copy. There are 23 pages of the story and thirteen pages of ads including a full-page in-house ad for Spidey #4.

So Steve, just to confirm that there are 9 pages on each side of the centerfold staples in an X-Men 1, and you're not counting the covers, right?

This is news to me; I thought the .12 cent Marvels were 8 pages on each side of the centerfold like CycleGirl explains above. (shrug)

:applause:

Very interesting. I've just counted the pages on about a dozen 60s comics and they are all 32 pages. So, I guess they decided to put a little more in X-Men #1. I wonder if there are any other books where they added an extra 4 pages. hm