• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to get a book for a cover sketch....

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

newbie here...... :tonofbricks:

some how I got trapped into this little niche of getting artists to sketch a little drawing on a comic and get it CGC'd. I bought a Grell sketch cover and want to get some more, so I need some direction. Feel free to point out threads and answers and generally make fun of the un-initiated.

Heroes con is coming, Bolland will be there to do signings, Desertwind is taking submissions and all.

How do you get a sketch by Bolland? Is he only doing signings.

How and where do you get one of those nifty "sketch here in the big blank" comic book covers?

Thanks for the help.

Bolland is very tough to get skeches from. He will be at Heroes Con in June. As far as getting it CGCed..A CGC Witness has to be present to witness the sketch and signature on the book.

But the rules for 2010 have changed, and none of us have a clue as to how they've changed, or how it affects getting sketches. My first show will be in March at Mega-Con. I will report the outcome then :) .

this will sound even dumber.....is the "line" for signatures the same as for sketches? It would make sense that he, or any SS person would have to agree before hand, with the promoter to do just signatures or do sketches.

How does this work?

Well...

First off the person to contact is comix4fun on the boards, he works very closely with Brian Bolland at each US show (he is the guy with Brian behind the booth taking commissions and set up signings).

If he is taking submissions for that show would be the second thing, so your best best is just to PM him for more information.

I can tell you now that there will be no possible way to get a sketch done unless you go through Chris (Comix4fun).

ummm.... multiple persons here sell the blank covers... (some will provide for an additional cost)... your in the right section and if Desertwind is taking submissions... drop him a PM.... also if you check the events threads... some of the guys (or gals) will post on there for what they will and won't take... good luck... i've found it to be great fun and the witnesses are all excellent... enjoy~ jesse

Well...

First off the person to contact is comix4fun on the boards, he works very closely with Brian Bolland at each US show (he is the guy with Brian behind the booth taking commissions and set up signings).

If he is taking submissions for that show would be the second thing, so your best best is just to PM him for more information.

I can tell you now that there will be no possible way to get a sketch done unless you go through Chris (Comix4fun).

hey JJ thanks... i was missing that lol:whee:

Well...

JJ and Adonis approved!! :thumbsup:

Well...

JJ you are correct,

I am with Brian at every show he does in North America and have been for the last 5 years. I will be there in Heroes setting up signing times, managing and organizing the sketch list and doing my best to make sure Brian has some fun that weekend and that no one bum rushes the poor guy with stacks of books or unreasonable requests.

A word to the wise, if we do this the same way we have for the last few shows, there will be a new sketch list each day of the show (the old list will be tossed at the end of the day and a new one taken the next morning) and Brian will jump around the list in any fashion he deems fit. Normally about 20 names fill the list and Brian gets to anywhere between 6 and 10 sketches a day.

If he likes to do one character over another character he can make that choice. If he realizes someone has been trying to get a sketch from him at multiple shows without luck he may try to squeeze that one in. I have every sketch list going back to SDCC 2006 so I know who's been on it multiple times and I ALSO KNOW who has flipped their sketches shortly after the show.

Anyone interested in a Bolland sig or sketch can PM me and we can talk about it, however we won't be taking any kind of sketch list until the show opens on day one.

Best,

Chris

Well...

JJ you are correct,

I am with Brian at every show he does in North America and have been for the last 5 years. I will be there in Heroes setting up signing times, managing and organizing the sketch list and doing my best to make sure Brian has some fun that weekend and that no one bum rushes the poor guy with stacks of books or unreasonable requests.

A word to the wise, if we do this the same way we have for the last few shows, there will be a new sketch list each day of the show (the old list will be tossed at the end of the day and a new one taken the next morning) and Brian will jump around the list in any fashion he deems fit. Normally about 20 names fill the list and Brian gets to anywhere between 6 and 10 sketches a day.

If he likes to do one character over another character he can make that choice. If he realizes someone has been trying to get a sketch from him at multiple shows without luck he may try to squeeze that one in. I have every sketch list going back to SDCC 2006 so I know who's been on it multiple times and I ALSO KNOW who has flipped their sketches shortly after the show.

Anyone interested in a Bolland sig or sketch can PM me and we can talk about it, however we won't be taking any kind of sketch list until the show opens on day one.

Best,

Chris

prepare for me to introduce myself at the show. you've got about six months

Well...

JJ you are correct,

Best,

Chris

prepare for me to introduce myself at the show. you've got about six months

Don't rely on Danny Mutantkeys to do it, or you'll never get introduced. :cry: