• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sure sign of the impending CGC Crash...

27 posts in this topic

When Gene is bidding on CGC 10s, you know the crash is imminent!

27_laughing.gif It was, as BoC astutely observed, just a tracking bid at the minimum price available at the time. I don't like to clog up my "Items I'm Watching" list with 893censored-thumb.gif like this...much easier to throw in a low number that will get outbid countless times over.

One sign of the impending crash, though, is that I just bought my first CGC book in TEN MONTHS...a Thor #337 CGC 9.8. I didn't think I would nor was I trying very hard to win it, but the price CRASHED over 50% from the copy that sold just the previous week (from $140 to $62.01). 27_laughing.gif Anyway, now that I've made my token sacrificial purchase to appease the market gods, let crash commence!! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Gene

was it the 75 cent Canadian variant edition of Thor 337 that you got in 9.8?

No...the 60 cent U.S. newsstand version. That's the version I was looking for as a kid and that's the version that I prefer now! They didn't have 75 cent Canadian covers on the 7-11 spinner racks in Denver when I was growing up...that version just doesn't hold the same appeal for me.

Gene