• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM ALERT == Superman #2-149 DC Golden Age 152 Comic Run Collection

89 posts in this topic

eBay Superman run

email sent:

Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 2:56 am

Subject: Superman Comics listed on eBay

I'm very interested in bidding on your comic book collection.

I live in Indiana. If I were the highest bidder on the collection, would you be agreeable to meet to exchange the collection for a money order? That would save you 3% on the paypal fees.

If it would make you feel more comfortable speaking to me before the auction ends, you can call me at . . .

Reply:

Payment options:

Money Order/ Cashier`s Checks / Bank Transfer

for full payment before shipment

Regarding Paypal:

I have limits placed on my account... So I won`t be able to withdraw your funds within a month.

I had bad experience with pick up, I was robbed. I prefer wire transfer payment method.

Please read description carefully, I didn't mention about possible pick up.

Interesting that she (?) instructs me to read the description carefully. However, no where in the description is there mentioned her preference for wire transfer.

of course this auction was offered before, and all the current seller (likely hijacked id) has done is "cut and paste" neatstuff's former description (only second full run "we" have had, etc)... wouldn't even waste your time

ow shucks . . . I wanted to have the thrill of sniping a crazy bid.

You're right, no sense in wasting my time.

You've all reported the listing though, right? Or is that a waste of time? I have heard good and bad things about ebay's response team to things like this. I went ahead and reported it anyway.

Exactly what I was thinkin' as I was driving to dunk'n donuts.

I'm considering sniping it and demand meeting at the local police station.

If my terms are rejected. I'll file a fraud report with ebay.

Of course, Dunkin Donuts would be essentially offer the same amount of police and save you altering your trip.

Exactly what I was thinkin' as I was driving to dunk'n donuts.

I'm considering sniping it and demand meeting at the local police station.

If my terms are rejected. I'll file a fraud report with ebay.

Of course, Dunkin Donuts would be essentially offer the same amount of police and save you altering your trip.

lol I got a kick out of that.

eBay Superman run

email sent:

Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2010 2:56 am

Subject: Superman Comics listed on eBay

I'm very interested in bidding on your comic book collection.

I live in Indiana. If I were the highest bidder on the collection, would you be agreeable to meet to exchange the collection for a money order? That would save you 3% on the paypal fees.

If it would make you feel more comfortable speaking to me before the auction ends, you can call me at . . .

Reply:

There feedback is 66% and I feel like I too have seen this auction before. Copy-Pasted.

Payment options:

Money Order/ Cashier`s Checks / Bank Transfer

for full payment before shipment

Regarding Paypal:

I have limits placed on my account... So I won`t be able to withdraw your funds within a month.

I had bad experience with pick up, I was robbed. I prefer wire transfer payment method.

Please read description carefully, I didn't mention about possible pick up.

Interesting that she (?) instructs me to read the description carefully. However, no where in the description is there mentioned her preference for wire transfer.