• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCAM ALERT == Superman #2-149 DC Golden Age 152 Comic Run Collection

89 posts in this topic

Shortly after I received 'gloria's' email requesting payment, I received a spoofy-paypal email from 'Vince'!?

The spoof stated that my payment of $4000 has been initiated to 'Vince' and that if there was any problem with that to 'click' the button below and I would be redirected to paypal security. All I needed to do was to log-on to the spoof-link and deny the payment.

Naturally, I forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com. Thereafter, I deleted the email.

Here is some wisdom for all the kiddies lurking, when a corporation has to go so far as to post images such as . . .

Screenshot_2.jpg

. . . that's a tell that they really don't have the crisis under control.

Here is some wisdom for all the kiddies lurking, when a corporation has to go so far as to post images such as . . .

Screenshot_2.jpg

. . . that's a tell that they really don't have the crisis under control.

You are assuming that they either can control it or even want to. They don't care, they make money coming and going. All buyers and sellers, legit or not, are to them is a resource to milk interest and fees from. Might as well be cattle.

What kind of seller does a tens-of-thousands sale and turns out to be "out of the country for four weeks" at sale's end? What a freaking hosebag.

Thanks for posting these scam message, I love hearing about this stuff, especially when you prevent the scam from going through! Bravo on that!

Spoofy email keep coming . . .

Dear PayPal customer,

This is an official notification from PayPal that thee service listed below will be deactivated and deleted if not renewed immediately. Previous notifications have been sent to Billing Contact assigned to this account. As the primary contact, you must renew the service listed below or it will be deactivated and deleted.

Renew Now your PayPal account.

SERVICE: PayPal Customer Support.

EXPIRATION: Feb 08 2010

We are dedicated to providing you with exceptional service and to ensuring your trust. If you have any questions regarding our services, please check the website or call our customer service.

Thank you, sincerely,

PayPal Customer Support

Copyright 1999-2010 PayPal. All rights reserved.

This seller has total contempt for eBay . . .

Relisted!??

Even after I left a negative feedback . . .

Wanted a wire transfer. Would not verify that they own comics. SPOOF Listing!!

Good catch. I reported the item to eBay as a criminal/fraud listing. I doubt eBay will do jack squat, but maybe if enough of us report the listing, somebody will shut down the account. (Fat chance, but...)

This is one that seems wrong to me:

Why put 'spring 1940' in the listing title?

You're right, but at least he says "printed in 1970" in the description. The Action Comics guy doesn't say anything, and it would seem either some novices or his shills have pushed the price up over $100.

This is one that seems wrong to me:

Why put 'spring 1940' in the listing title?

You're right, but at least he says "printed in 1970" in the description. The Action Comics guy doesn't say anything, and it would seem either some novices or his shills have pushed the price up over $100.

Even by putting 1970 in his description, this guy got at least two people so far:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vicvill9&&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

As the OP, and target of numerous phishing expeditions from the orginal scammer that was its offering the Superman Collection back in post #1, its fun to see this thread taking a life of its own.